Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do searches for my book semi-regularly, doing what I reasonably can to keep it off of pirating sites, though I'm sure someone who wants it badly enough can get it. Anyway, for the first time I found a site I've never heard of that is selling Inevitable, as well as the books of a few other indies. The prices are all completely strange, such as trad pubs selling for a few dollars and my book actually being more expensive ($1.50) than it is anywhere else.

Can anyone tell what is going on with this site? http://www.abcebook.com/

http://www.abcebook.com/inevitable2011-by-jason-letts-p-533.html

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
It seems to be Asian, so I'm guessing the books are unauthorized. I'm sure the big trad publishers are not down with prices like $1.50.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
modwitch said:
I'd personally report them to Paypal. Paypal doesn't want to deal with a lot of customer complaints over $1.50 purchases, so hopefully they'll shut down their account.
This is a good idea, probably the only thing I could really do. If they are in California, I'll have to just hope bigger fish pick up their scent and go after them.

Today's Net Sleuth of the Day Award definitely goes to Ryan Billings.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
There are a lot of "partner" sites that fit under other sites.  It could be a legal subcontractor, but in case not, it might be good to let some of the big time publishers know. They mostly have major books, I see.  (They don't have any of mine.)

Camille

·
Registered
977 Posts
Their delivery terms are weird too. "...will be sent to your email box within 12 hrs after payment received." Twelve hours? Contacting PayPal seems like good advice.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
If it's Paypal, buy the book. See if the title is listed on the PayPal forms. If so, tell PP to direct any future payments to you since you have all rights. They probably won't, but it's a good attention-getter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts