Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the book clubs in my area seem to be for women only, and the few that are not have few, if any, people my age in them?
Don't male college students read books?

G

·
If all else fails, you could try to start your own.  Don't ask me how, I just come up with ideas, not how to implement them.  :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vampyre said:
If all else fails, you could try to start your own. Don't ask me how, I just come up with ideas, not how to implement them. :)
I would if I wasn't leaving this city soon-ish. Also, someone else tried to start one and it fell through, so that's a downer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cat said:
Sure they do, they have to have something to camouflage their Playboys.
Not so fast Cat, that only explains why they buy and carry around books and SEEM as if they are reading them.
And you may have found one thing about a book the Kindle may never replace.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Micdiddy said:
All the book clubs in my area seem to be for women only, and the few that are not have few, if any, people my age in them?
Don't male college students read books?
Judging by the experience of my college age and enrolled male son, he doesn't have as much time for recreational reading as he has in the past. Although he was in a book club last spring. It was called "English 351: The Four Fantasists: Tolkien and Precursors."

L

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leslie said:
Judging by the experience of my college age and enrolled male son, he doesn't have as much time for recreational reading as he has in the past. Although he was in a book club last spring. It was called "English 351: The Four Fantasists: Tolkien and Precursors."

L
It's true I'm not reading as many fun books as I was over the summer (when I read a book every 3 days). But I have still had time for a few and if there was a bookclub I may be inspired to read more.
That club sounds awesome

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Micdiddy said:
It's true I'm not reading as many fun books as I was over the summer (when I read a book every 3 days). But I have still had time for a few and if there was a bookclub I may be inspired to read more.
That club sounds awesome
It was a good course. He enjoyed it. Although, when it was over he wished he has his Kindle (he didn't get one til the summer, when I bought it for him as a present). Every single book they read, with the except of Tolkien (and he already owned that) was available as an ebook for free. He could have saved about $120 downloading free ebooks for the Kindle.

L

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leslie said:
He could have saved about $120 downloading free ebooks for the Kindle.

L
Hopefully this will be a huge advantage to me too. Though I only have two quarters left. I wish I got my Kindle 4 years ago!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Micdiddy said:
Hopefully this will be a huge advantage to me too. Though I only have two quarters left. I wish I got my Kindle 4 years ago!
He is midway through his junior year and with his major (nursing) he probably won't be taking too many more literature courses. However, he is going to Jamaica for the whole month of January (a one month course: Transcultural Nursing) so I am sure his Kindle will be appreciated on the plane, waiting in the airport, and free evenings (HA!) in the hotel.

Okay, I am a realistic mom. I am not anticipating too many free evenings given over to leisure reading.

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Micdiddy said:
I would if I wasn't leaving this city soon-ish. Also, someone else tried to start one and it fell through, so that's a downer.
You can start one for "guys only" here on the KindleBoards... doesn't matter where you live.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Angela said:
You can start one for "guys only" here on the KindleBoards... doesn't matter where you live.
And we would never, ever, ever peek in. Oh, no....

Betsy

1 - 20 of 58 Posts