Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently published an ebook on Amazon. I decided to set the main Amazon site as amazon.co.uk because if I did that, I could set the price as £0.77 as opposed to £0.99 if I set Amazom.com as my main site.

However, I've noticed that while amazon.co.uk shows it as in Kindle Unlimited and price as 0.77, on amazon.com it shows as "from $1" and no mention of Kindle Unlimited. Does anyone have an answer? Do I need to set amazon.com as my main site (which I would rather not do.)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
AnneW said:
I've recently published an ebook on Amazon. I decided to set the main Amazon site as amazon.co.uk because if I did that, I could set the price as £0.77 as opposed to £0.99 if I set Amazom.com as my main site.

However, I've noticed that while amazon.co.uk shows it as in Kindle Unlimited and price as 0.77, on amazon.com it shows as "from $1" and no mention of Kindle Unlimited. Does anyone have an answer? Do I need to set amazon.com as my main site (which I would rather not do.)
Not sure if this helps but, I'm based in the UK and set all my prices in USD and then tweak them to sensible price points for the international stores including the UK store. It used to be the case that the minimum price in the UK was £0.99 but since VAT was removed from ebooks, you can price lower. Typically, when I price at $0.99 in the US store, the conversion comes out at about £0.78.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Usually the "from $" thing comes from third party sellers listing the book. They seem to skim new releases and put up a lot of stuff. Then if anyone bought it, they'd order it from Amazon and you'd get the royalty. Doesn't seem like they'd be doing this for an ebook, but maybe Amazon is doing it to note what would be a price difference in other markets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts