Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to get some opinions here. Why and what everyone t
hinks about Oberon cases. Sounds like they're the best on here?

·
Registered
94 Posts
They are exceptional in terms of beauty, quality, durability, ability to protect my Kindle and customer service.  I am also partial to purchasing products that are handcrafted in the US by a family-own and run company. 

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I think they give the best protection out of all the cases I have seen.  The case goes beyond the sides and corners of the Kindle protecting the Kindle if is should hit on an edge.

I find Oberons really easy to hold.  Usually I am not actually "holding" the Kindle but have a finger in the pocket and balancing the device, I don't feel the weight of the Kindle.  I recently bought the Amazon lighted cover and couldn't wait to get back over to an Oberon.

I've had my three Oberons for awhile but still spend time admiring their beauty.

Since I have been on the boards Oberon has tried to help every person that has received an Oberon that they were not happy with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would agree with other posters about Oberon Designs.  The quality of the workmanship is top notch and the leather feels so wonderful in your hands.  And I, too, like to support craftspeople in the USA.  I own a large journal cover, too, that I have had for years and it is still in top notch shape.  I recently bought a K3 so I needed a new cover.  Bought one from Amazon and am not all that thrilled so am going back to Oberon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Because its quite simply the best Kindle case that money can buy.  I have never owned a gadget accessory that went with its target device so well.  In my mind they are the same device, I wont ever own a kindle that's not in an Oberon again.  I took the kindle out the other day to show someone and it felt so alien, like ripping the pages out of a hard cover book!  :D lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oberon is very classy and has a variety of styles.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I'm on my third Oberon (K2 had a fern gingko cover, DX a sky blue peacock cover and my K3 has a sky blue wraparound Hosukai Wave).. and I find them a perfect blend of function and beauty.

They make me so happy..  and they protect my Kindles too.

Throw in a charm for your fingers to fondle while you read..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had some Oberon journal covers. They're very nice quality. I assume that translates over into their Kindle covers as well, but that's precisely why I'm not getting one: I don't want to draw more attention to my Kindle than necessary. I don't want it to be more attractive to those who want to pick it up and fondle it or steal it.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Like many, I have tried different covers.  Oberon by far is the best workmanship and quality.  It just feels solid and good in my hands without being bulky or cumbersome.  Their designs are interesting and fun.  And yet, the real fun lies inside the cover, my Kindle.  I also like the fact that it is an American family business.

Covers and other accessories are very personal.  Whatever you choose, enjoy!

G

·
At first, I didn't like the idea of spending half the cost of the device on an accessory, but I can't think of owning a kindle without an Oberon. When I take it out of the case to show people how thin it is, it looks so naked without it. I love the company as well. They provide an awesome product at a very reasonable price and with good customer service to boot.

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
I had one for my K1. . .it didn't seem at all odd to spend $75 to protect a $359 device, and the cover that came with the k1 wasn't that great.  

I had one as well for my DX and it worked well. . .that's a larger device, also relatively expensive even now, so the price seems still fairly reasonable.  Full disclosure, though: I was able to be a 'beta tester' for Oberon's DX design so I didn't actually have to pay for it.

They are uniformly well made and definitely protect the devices they're designed to protect.

But, at this point, I would probably not purchase one for a Kindle.  The styling of the K1 was not that great in my mind and the Oberon cover helped make it a little fancier.  But I really like the styling of the existing Kindle and just don't want to add the bulk and weight that an Oberon cover would do.  I went with the Amazon cover and have been completely satisfied with the protection it offers.  My son has a cover from CrazyOn Digital and is happy with it as well.

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
I go for Oberons because they're the prettiest Kindle cases I've seen and I'm shallow like that.  ;) Others looks perfectly nice to me but they don't have that special "Wow!" factor the Oberons have. Everybody comments on my Oberon cover and on the one I got my mom.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Every time I have my Oberon clad kindle in my hands I admire it and am happy I bought a Oberon. There is something special about the product line.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
But I really like the styling of the existing Kindle and just don't want to add the bulk and weight that an Oberon cover would do.
As handsome as they are, these are my thoughts too.

(And they're pretty expensive, for me...I got a skin, a lightwt. cover I really like, and a light...for the same price or less)

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
CNDudley said:
And then to top off the Oberon cover, I see Borsa Bella sells a large e-reader bag that will fit a Kindle in an Oberon. Borsa Bella is at our local Bellevue Arts Fair this weekend, and I was admiring the iPad case a friend bought:
DANG! I was thinking of going to that this yesterday, but we got involved in doing other things. I'm supposed to go to practice today and am waiting for the rain to stop :p It is supposed to clear, but if it doesnt.........

Thanks for the reminder! And the bag is lovely.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I own 4 different Oberon covers for my Kindle and 3 of my Apple devices.  They are beautifully made and wonderfully durable.  I never fail to get compliments on them and I feel my devices are exceptionally well protected.  The customer service is excellent.  :).  The products more than live up to their reputation!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts