Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I click Link Maker. It takes me to a page with a box to choose Kindle Store, Books CDs and a few other things. I leave it saying Kindle Store. I type the book title into the box and click the Search button. It says "API call did not execute successfully". I've tried multiple books and it never works. What does one have to do to get it to work?

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
The short answer is that Amazon changed something -- probably well over a year ago now -- and the new owners haven't bothered to update the code that Harvey did years ago.

The longer answer is: if you go to the link maker page and click the hyperlink on "here" in the sentence about the old manual link maker, that one does work. Or, at least, it did last time I wanted to make a fresh link.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
LDB said:
Thank you for the help. Now if I could just find a new owner butt to kick to get them to fix it. :)
Yeah .... good luck with that. The screen name is vsAdmin, but they pretty much ignore all communication. At least, I know they've been advised of this issue and done nothing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I realize this is a older thread but I recently tried to update my signature and even if I try to put in the code manually it says I can only have one image and link. And I all the links to the linkmaker I have now no longer work. The short answer looks like I we can no longer have more than one book in our signature. Old signatures still work but the system balks when we try to update them. Unless there is a trick I am not seeing. :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts