Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so just 2 days ago i ordered roof of heaven in purple but it was a very hard choice between that and world tree in green. So i bit the bullet ordered roof of heaven---end of story, or so i thought.

Since the cover hasnt came in yet i went over to oberon just to admire them until mine arrive but a problem arised because visting the website is now made me want a 3rd!! Im now in love with three graces in wine...i want to get this one but what will i need 3 seperate covers for?? That is if i end up saving up to buy the other 2 that i want. I just want some good reasons as to why i'd need 3 cases or better question how do ppl with multiple cases use theres? Do u just rotate according to mood, your outfit, kindle skin? HELPPP im crazy!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I usually rotate every few days. My MEdges are for traveling with Tyrella, they seem to be the sturdiest. My StrangeDogs are for home use, and my Oberon is for home use too. And either for outside yard use. I thought that I would travel with my Avenue of Trees, but somehow I can't take it into the outside world. Don't know why! I do feel protective of it, maybe that's it. I have just bought a second Oberon a few days ago, so I am guilty of being greedy for beautiful leather covers for my friend and for myself. I really do not need it, but I really do want it. If the enjoyment that you get from the cover exceeds the cost, monetary and/or other personal costs, then get it. If it is less than the cost, then don't get it. You get to decide. :) I also want a third cover, Raven in Taupe, and can see NO reason to get it other than I just want it... Gee, I am a lot of help, aren't I? ;D ;D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I'm an Enabler, and I firmly believe that if you want it and can afford it, go for it.   ;D  The covers are gorgeous, and with three of them in rotation, they'll probably last longer than the K2 will be around.

But whether you're able to afford it is a question we can't answer for you.  The decision and all the reasons behind it do ultimately have to be yours.

If you're not independently wealthy......and while I'm fairly comfortable, I'm personally not in that category!:

Unless you have a K1 already & are transferring a bunch of books from that, I recommend you wait a little bit on your second & third covers.  Once you start reading on your K2, you have a strong desire to download everything in sight from Amazon, easily as strong as your desire for accessories.  If you spend any time in the actual reading parts of this site, you're going to be exposed to new authors, series, genres, and while you may get the first book of any of these for free, you probably won't be able to get ALL of them that way!   LOL  Don't get me wrong, there's lots to be read that's free or bargain priced, but all it takes is getting hooked on one new series and there goes your Oberon budget for this month (pick a long one where all the books are available on Kindle & you can kiss off several months of accessories budgeting).

I'm doing my damnedest to balance accessories (and I have a ton of them already) against book spending in trying not to go **too** overboard.  So my second & third Oberons are waiting for a month or two.  I figure they'll still be there when I'm ready for them.  Meanwhile I'm staying away from the Oberon site & mostly out of the Oberon threads, because the more I look, the harder it gets.  Same with BorsaBella--no more bags until at least the end of April, hopefully longer!  And of course, there are other covers & skins I'm eyeing too.....

Now if you've already spent a few weeks with your K2 & are comfortable with what your book spending is going to be like, all this goes out the window. :D  But I know before mine arrived (and even in the first two weeks) I never dreamed I'd have so much difficulty keeping my spending under control with this thing. And while it's super easy & loads of fun to buy every accessory in sight, I try to keep at the very front of my mind why I originally got the K2 in the first place!

·
Registered
82 Posts
One advantage DTBs have over eBooks is their variety of covers.  Buying Kindle covers is a way to close the gap, and it's fun!  I like to match my cover/skins to the style of book that I'm reading.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I have a saddle Creekbed Maple for my KK.  Right now I am resisting the Oberon siren song for my K2.  Why??  I am waiting to see how long it takes for them to recast the journal buttons for the Kindle Kovers.  I am not sure how long I can hold out - the purple ROH is calling me - but that's my reason.
If you are truly in love with the other covers and can afford them, why not?  You can always sell an older cover to help fund new purchases down the road...

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I also have 2 and there are at least 2 more that I want. I haven't had the 2nd one long enough to figure out how I'm going to switch them out yet. I am trying to limit myself by only getting 1 of each design or color. Since I have a purple ROH, I won't get a purple Butterfly or a saddle ROH. But I'll get a navy Butterfly or saddle ToL.

The only exception to that will be if/when they come out with that beautiful blue they created for Patrizia..Then I'll get it in whichever cover they offer, even if I already have that design.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have one Creek Bed Maple and would love to get Hosukai wave........however I can't justify two of them [even though yes I could afford them]. I know me well enough to know that I would not remember to rotate them and whichever became my favorite between the two would be the one I use and the other would go into a drawer. I'm telling myself that when the Creek Bed Maple wears out and the K9 ;) is released I'll indulge then LOL

·
Registered
601 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I also have 2 and there are at least 2 more that I want. I haven't had the 2nd one long enough to figure out how I'm going to switch them out yet. I am trying to limit myself by only getting 1 of each design or color. Since I have a purple ROH, I won't get a purple Butterfly or a saddle ROH. But I'll get a navy Butterfly or saddle ToL.

The only exception to that will be if/when they come out with that beautiful blue they created for Patrizia..Then I'll get it in whichever cover they offer, even if I already have that design.
What beautiful blue that they created? Where is that thread? I will have to go check that out, because if it's a robin's egg or light blue, I'm going to have to buy a 3rd cover...when will it END?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll help you justify 3 :D

I have Red Sun, DOH in purple is on the way, and the next one I want is Raven in Taupe.

$75 could be 3 hardbacks, dozens of paperbacks, and nowhere to put them, right?

An Oberon protects ALL the books you've ever wanted to read in ONE gorgeous cover that will last for a lifetime.

AND you're supporting a small business!!

How'd I do?

;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Voice of reason: You don't need more than one right now. Wait until you upgrade your Kindle or have to get a new one.
The Other Voice: If you want more than one design, why not buy it in something other than the Kindle cover? Get your self a journal and start writing more, or a check book cover...then you can use them all together!
Voice of Insanity: Get two more Kindles! Then you will need covers for all of them!

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
pawlaw aka MXCIX said:
it looks like the picture is gone...oh well...I'm sure it was pretty!
??? It's still there....

Here's a copy of it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
really?  i wonder why it's not showing up?  I was surfing back through this thread because there was a whole section I missed (including Patrizia's cover) and the other images were showing up...hhmmmm...i'm on vista using IE. ???

·
Registered
82 Posts
pawlaw aka MXCIX said:
really? i wonder why it's not showing up? I was surfing back through this thread because there was a whole section I missed (including Patrizia's cover) and the other images were showing up...hhmmmm...i'm on vista using IE. ???
If you are at work and your employer blocks Photobucket you won't be able to see it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts