Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else experience this, i.e. sales appear on Novelrank first and then 1/2 day later, or so, they 'catch up' on KDP? Seems like KDP being part of Amazon, would have the sales results first and then 'feed' them to novelrank?

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Oddly enough, a huge portion of my US sales never show up on Novelrank. I've pretty much stopped using it because of that.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
novel rank is just guessing. It hasn't a clue to if you sold anything. It's making an educated guess based on your sale rankings.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes, this. It's taking your ranking and making an estimate of your sales. If you look at this past week as an example, you can see how your ranking may not always reflect a current sales activity. I opened an account there and once I learned it wasn't a true calculation but merely a guestimate, stopped watching it. It's only useful for traditionally published books, giving you some rough idea of how a book is performing.

Sharlow said:
novel rank is just guessing. It hasn't a clue to if you sold anything. It's making an educated guess based on your sale rankings.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Tawny's right, though; the guess is based on your ranking.  So if your ranking improves even though you show no sales (which seems to have happened to some people this week), Novelrank will reflect sales.

The more sales you have, the further off it gets.  Don't rely on it for sales info.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Half-Orc said:
Let's put it this way: Novelrank is off by 2,000 sales on what it thinks Dance of Cloaks has sold this month. It's guessing, and not very accurately.
I had suspicions that it was off on your sales, at the very least. I just started playing around with the site, and I couldn't help but shake my head. I doubt you'd be ranked so high with the number of sales that Novelrank said you had.

7,412 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
I had suspicions that it was off on your sales, at the very least. I just started playing around with the site, and I couldn't help but shake my head. I doubt you'd be ranked so high with the number of sales that Novelrank said you had.
It guessed like what, 500 for the month?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Half-Orc said:
It guessed like what, 500 for the month?
I'll list what it shows for some of your books for May

A Dance of Cloaks
US 602
UK 510

A Dance of Blades
US 354
UK 241
The Weight of Blood
US- 98
UK- 174

The Cost of Betrayal
US- 255