Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm making a fan video inspired by kindle, and would appreciate some feedback from you:) It would help me a great deal if you could answer some of the questions below for me:
-when choosing an e-reader, what made you buy kindle?
-what is your favourite feature on your kindle? (intuitive interface, how easy it is to use, the size, no glare, its weight and so on)
-what kind of colour palettes do you like?
-how old are you? (to define the age group only)

Thank you for all your help! Have a nice day!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have a Kindle because it's a good device.  I've bought every model except the Oases since I got my first one in 2009.  I've read a lot of books on them.

I've also bought quite a few models of Kobos and Nooks and read a lot of books on those as well.  In fact my new Kobo Clara HD will arrive tomorrow.

I began reading ebooks long before they were called ebooks; around 1990 or 91, I think.  Or if they were called ebooks then I wasn't aware of it.  I read them on an HP95lx Palmtop and on a Palm 3x and a few other later Palms.  I also had a Franklin ereader.

I bought the Kindle 3, aka the Kindle Keyboard, when it first came out.  I think I have 5 Kindles today.  I gave a Paperwhite 3 to my sister last week so I had 6 until then.

I can't really say I prefer Kindles to the other brands.  I like them all.  If I could only have one ereader it would probably be a Kindle but maybe not.  The current models are all so nearly perfect that there's not a lot of difference in them.  Most of the differences involve features I don't really care about.  To me an ereader is for reading.  Considering it as a storage receptacle for ebooks or because it has buttons (which I don't use) or a blue-less light means very little to me.  I can read just as easily on any of them.  I do more reading on my phone, in fact, than on any of the ereaders.

If I put my various ereaders side by side I can find lots of differences.  The Nook has by far the best contrast because it doesn't have the capacitive touch screen layer.  It uses infra-red for touch, making the contrast much better.  But it has a couple of really silly features, such as graying out table of contents and dictionary defintions, making them hard to read.  The Kobo has a LOT of features to control text but most don't work on side-loaded books and since I buy my books from Amazon all the books are side-loaded on the Kobo.  Also it's firmware is a bit buggier than the rest.  The Kindle is slower than the others and it's battery life isn't as good as the Kobo or the Nook.  I often get tired of waiting after I tap a control and tap it again and it turns out it just hadn't reacted yet and the second tap does something unexpected.

But, all in all, all of these devices are far better than reading a paper book.  I won't be going back to either paper books or buggy whips any time soon.  :)

Barry

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I think the top reason is because with an easel back case I can stand it up on the table when I'm eating alone and read without pages turning and losing my place like paper books. Also, I can carry a few hundred books with me whenever I want so I can switch reading options at any time. I like being able to highlight and make notes and when I finish a book I can export the notes to my email address and have a permanent copy. I like choosing what font I want to read in and what size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello guys,

I'm making a fan video inspired by kindle, and would appreciate some feedback from you:) It would help me a great deal if you could answer some of the questions below for me:
-when choosing an e-reader, what made you buy kindle?
-what is your favourite feature on your kindle? (intuitive interface, how easy it is to use, the size, no glare, its weight and so on)
-what kind of colour palettes do you like?
-how old are you? (to define the age group only)

Thank you for all your help! Have a nice day!
If anyone is interested in following my journey, here's my my blog post on how I'm proceeding, Chapter 2. Everyone is welcome :)

The making of motion design video. Chapter 2

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
When I bought my first Kindle, Amazon was the major player. The Kindle was the only device that would let you send books to it wirelessly. That was 13 years ago.
My favorite feature - I can carry a library around with me. I don't ever have to worry about running out of something to read. I don't have to carry an extra suitcase for just books. I also really like the ability to change the font size.
I'm not sure what you mean by colour palette - I don't mind the grayscale of e-ink.
Age bracket 50-60

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
My Fire reads to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Paperwhite just sits on the shelf. I thought I would use it, but how can it compete with my Fire reading to me?

And the voice is great!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I chose kindle because of the ample content available. Book prices are reasonable and I can also download content from my local library.
I have a Paperwhite and it a convenient size to be able to fit in my purse for travel. I like being able to adjust the font or brightness level. I also have a Kindle fire that I use for cookbooks, craft books and an occasional magazine. While I have read kindle content on my phone, I prefer reading on the kindle paperwhite.
My age group is late 60s.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a fire HD8 Plus and no love lost for it. It's so darn slow opening kindle, that I get real frustrated. My favorite is the Voyage, so much that I bought a spare last summer. Fast, a handy size, I can slip it in my hip pocket or one of the breast pockets on the vests I wear this time of year , so very portable and handy for me. Response time is much faster than the Fire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts