Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Another huge fan of TG and the good Doctor here. We also love to cook. I may have to get this for my husband.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you so  much, everybody!

I'm still honestly shocked they decided to pick it up. That's not false modesty.  I honestly agree with the reviewers who say the book just isn't pretty enough. CreateSpace doesn't do glossy paper, which people kind of expect on color cookbooks. Moreover, since I tried to cram a 190 page book into 100 pages in order to keep the final cost down to $20 (color interior printing is EXPENSIVE), the font is too cramped, the pictures are too small, and though it took a heck of a lot of formatting, it does look way too much like it was printed off MS Word. I waffled a LOT on whether or not I should include photos at all in the print edition. It could've cost half as much AND had twice as many pages if the print book was a photo-free black and white edition.

But hey, the folks at ThinkGeek had a print copy in their hands before they decided to place an actual order, so they knew what they were getting. I still can't believe it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Huzzah!

I've always wanted to be on ThinkGeek.  There and TV tropes. If i could make there I would geek right out, and die happy.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Congratulations!  Good luck with it.  :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts