Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


If you like your romance with a formula of dark cliffs, frigid nor'easters and abandoned lighthouses...WIDOW'S TALE is the book for you. This novel was a Golden Heart nominee in the Romantic Suspense category.

Here is a brief blurb.
---------
Serena Murphy was losing her mind.

Every night Serena stood on the deck of O'Flanagans Tavern, searching Maine's rugged coast for a sign of her husband's body. Though he was pronounced lost at sea, Alan Murphy still haunted her as only his malevolent spirit could. In the loft above her tavern, Serena hears footsteps pace across her living room floor, yet when she turns, no one is there.

Alan would not let a little thing like death stop him from tormenting her. If she could just find his body, surely this torture would stop.

It had been ten years since Brett Murphy saw his sister in-law, although the separation was by design, to avoid temptation. Now Brett was in Victory Cove, not to declare his feelings for Serena, but to discover the truth about his brother's death. In doing so, he must battle Serena's ghosts, both real and contrived.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,562 Posts
mamiller said:
New cover. New Price.
Trying to make everything nice.

::) ...sorry, the limerick monsters got me.
I'm so sorry about the limerick monsters :eek:, Miss Miller, but they are far better than the Limerick Mobsters who are an out of control leprechaun gang inflicting mafia rule in the streets of poor old Limerick, Ireland. Tis tarrible, tis! I tell ye. :'(
But look, your new book cover is smashing as they say somewhere over there. Seriously. I am looking forward to reading your new snippet and also looking forward to the day when I can have my own Kindle and download your whole book and read it for real. Then I, too, can become an 'armchair critic, dahling' and give you loads of stars in my review. Good luck with the sale. I found this interesting article listed in Boydm's thread and thought you might like to read it. I thought it was very hopeful. http://ireaderreview.com/2009/06/05/kindle-store-self-published-rising-stars/
Maybe we'll all be rich and famous someday. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard about the Limerick mobsters.  Their calling card is a two-leaf clover.

Thank you for the link, my friend. 

We write. We read. We love.  But during the daylight hours we still have to keep the day job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Adele!  Enjoy  :)    It may be summer out, but you'll want to bundle up for this one...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,562 Posts
mamiller said:
ROGUE WAVE, which sits quietly behind WIDOW'S TALE just got 'all dolled up' with a new cover to give it a little self-esteem.

Yes, books have feelings too. :)
Nice, but I won't be wearing sandals on that beach! :eek: Considering the title: Rogue Wave, I'm sure it's supposed to look a little ominous? Good job. :) (Better than mine, but I'm working on it. Maybe one of these fabulous artists around here will have pity and paint a Golden Sword of the Cherubim for me. I know what I want it to look like, but I can't make it happen. :'()
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like your cover....the one listed here on the thread.  I also happen to like your website!  And I will soon find out that I like the writing behind both  :)  But the one thing I can't do is draw a sword.  :-\
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,562 Posts
mamiller said:
I like your cover....the one listed here on the thread. I also happen to like your website! And I will soon find out that I like the writing behind both :) But the one thing I can't do is draw a sword. :-\
Thank you for stopping by and sampling my wares. I have some Widows and some Rogues in my story, mayhap they are not exactly like yours and that be good, me hearty. Why is it that when I talk to you, my pirate personality takes over and bludgeons me o'er the head with a shivering timber until I be listing well to port? ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
'Tis truly ironic, being as my favorite football team is the Buccaneers.  "Drink up me mateys, Yo Ho."
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,562 Posts
mamiller said:
'Tis truly ironic, being as my favorite football team is the Buccaneers. "Drink up me mateys, Yo Ho."
Me... err, my BFF got me that little game that Will Turner and Bootstrap and Davey Jones were playing on board the Flying Dutchman and it's lots of fun to play. I mean, I'm just saying, you sound like a PotC fan as well as a Buccaneer fan. Being from Texas, I am obliged to follow the Texans or the Cowboys so I watch the Cowboys in the main and the Texans as a standby. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For one brief and shining moment, WIDOW'S TALE cracked the top 100 in Romantic Suspense!  :D   
I'm humming Camelot now for some reason...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,562 Posts
mamiller said:
For one brief and shining moment, WIDOW'S TALE cracked the top 100 in Romantic Suspense! :D
I'm humming Camelot now for some reason...
That's a very broad category. You should be singing and mayhap one day... singing one of these limericks all the way to the bank. Congratulations, sincerely. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brendan Carroll said:
That's a very broad category. You should be singing and mayhap one day... singing one of these limericks all the way to the bank. Congratulations, sincerely. :)
Thanks, Brendan. Nora Roberts and I are often neck and neck. hahahaha I have no doubt she's scanning the top 100 list and saying to herself, "Curse that pesky Maureen!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
I just downloaded your book - couldn't resist the price. Can't wait to read. Oh Boy, my tbr list keeps getting longer and longer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tlshaw *Padded Cell 511* said:
I just downloaded your book - couldn't resist the price. Can't wait to read. Oh Boy, my tbr list keeps getting longer and longer!
Thank you! Enjoy :) :) Just imagine if you were lugging around that tbr list in hard copies ;) God bless Kindle!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I forgot to mention that in addition to WIDOW'S TALE being on sale at $2.39, my other romantic suspense novel, ROGUE WAVE is on sale for only $1.43 :)

Between these two books you will go from the cold, craggy cliffs of Maine, to the tepid, idle waves of the Windward shore of Oahu. Oh wait...the title is Rogue Wave...I guess the waves aren't so idle and tepid ;)



 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,562 Posts
mamiller said:
Thanks, Brendan. Nora Roberts and I are often neck and neck. hahahaha I have no doubt she's scanning the top 100 list and saying to herself, "Curse that pesky Maureen!"
I just read your interview on that interview website and was again impressed with your stories. I wish my girl would hurry up and buy herself a Kindle so we can read your books. :( She wants to read the one about Maine especially. Very good. Very good. Hip, hip, huzzah! ;D That's what they say at the Rennfest in case you've never been and if you haven't been, you should go and if you have been we should start a Rennfest thread because I love them and it's all about me, right? ::) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brendan Carroll said:
I just read your interview on that interview website and was again impressed with your stories. I wish my girl would hurry up and buy herself a Kindle so we can read your books. :( She wants to read the one about Maine especially. Very good. Very good. Hip, hip, huzzah! ;D That's what they say at the Rennfest in case you've never been and if you haven't been, you should go and if you have been we should start a Rennfest thread because I love them and it's all about me, right? ::) :D
I'll bite, Mr. Carroll. What's a Rennfest? "Readers Enjoy New Novels" ??? I didn't know they have festivals for that?!?! Yeay...do they serve Allagash??

Thank you for the kind words, my friend.
 
1 - 20 of 622 Posts
Top