Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is strange, how can I achieve this ranking and my dashboard only shows three print sales for this month ?

#17 in Books > 4-for-3 Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Ghosts

Anyone know ? wishfull thinking would be that there is a lag in sales reporting, but somehow I doubt that is the answer...not that I'm complaining, jut a little baffled.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
This is strange, how can I achieve this ranking and my dashboard only shows three print sales for this month ?
I'm guessing the "4-for-3 books" makes it a very precise and defined category, with few books in it. It would be surprising to be that highly ranked with so few sales if you took the "4-for-3 books" out of it-- I'm sure there are a lot of books in the Horror/Ghost category. But the first listed category after "books" narrows it down quite a bit. (I'm not even sure what a 4-for-3 book might be...)

ETA: I looked it up and found that "This item is eligible for our 4-for-3 promotion. Eligible products include select Books, Single Copy Magazines, and Home & Garden items. Buy any 4 eligible items and get the lowest-priced item free...Over a hundred thousand items are eligible for our 4-for-3 promotion." So there are lots and lots of items in this category, but I guess the question is, how many of them are horror/ghost books? I'd guess not too many. But it's hard to say for sure.

·
Registered
500 Posts
My book ranks higher in the overall "books" category than it does in the equivalent category of the Kindle store, even though very few of my sales are for the print edition.

#18 in Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror > Spine-Chilling Horror
#49 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror > Spine-Chilling Horror

This doesn't make a ton of sense to me either -- if the "Books" listings include both Kindle and print books, shouldn't the other 48 books beating me in the Kindle store show up it the overall listings as well? My theory is that many of those books don't have a print edition, which means that they aren't categorized properly for the "Books" lists, but the rankings there take into account both print and digital sales for the books that qualify.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, Ellen and Matt. I figured the 4-for-3 thing had something to do with it. Spine-Chilling Horror ? I didn't even know that was a category, how did I miss that ! 

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's in "Children's books," which is where a lot of YA ends up. My book is kinda YA, so I figured I'd try it, and have had a lot of success in the category. But it also means my book ranks on the same list as "Twilight" and "The Monster at the End of This Book starring Lovable Furry Old Grover."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts