Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My series of erotic novellas will be uploaded in the coming weeks, but I'm beginning to worry that they're too racy for Amazon. 

They contain explicit sex and graphic descriptions, but lack any illegal activity.  Everyone is obviously a consenting adult in the books; there is no "play" of any kind--just sex in lurid detail.  And lots of it.

Most erotica I've bought on Amazon from indies is not quite so graphic as my stuff.  Will Amazon give the novellas the axe? 

Liz

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
I doubt it. I've never heard of Amazon turning down erotica, unless the cover features full nudity or something. Also, illegal acts might get you the boot if too many customers reported it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Katie Salidas said:
Amazon (to my understanding) has no issue with Erotica. It is the Taboo topics like incest and bestiality that cause issues.
Okay, good. I remember Selena Kitt had some stuff punted a while back, but if I recall correctly, it was incest that Amazon disliked.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
586 Posts
My short horror story in process of publishing The tool is about a young girl and concerns only the intimation that sex might happen. I have a picture of a schoolgirl on the cover. I am expecting some flak when it hits the virtual bookshelves some time this morning.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Liz Candeo said:
My series of erotic novellas will be uploaded in the coming weeks, but I'm beginning to worry that they're too racy for Amazon.

They contain explicit sex and graphic descriptions, but lack any illegal activity. Everyone is obviously a consenting adult in the books; there is no "play" of any kind--just sex in lurid detail. And lots of it.

Most erotica I've bought on Amazon from indies is not quite so graphic as my stuff. Will Amazon give the novellas the axe?

Liz
Go for it Liz :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Katie Salidas said:
Amazon (to my understanding) has no issue with Erotica. It is the Taboo topics like incest and bestiality that cause issues.
That's what I was going to say too...

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
As others have said, I don't get the impression Amazon kicks off anything other than incest and underaged sex.  And no matter how lurid you think your sex scenes are, I imagine there is erotica on Amazon that is just as graphic. :)

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Liz, my novel Sex and the Barbarian never got pulled and the sex in it was very graphic. My wife read it and said that it had too much graphic sex for her. However, it has been one of my best sellers so what does she know.

I told her that it was about this spaceman that comes to earth and finds out that men of earth are having sex with machines instead of women. He sees all these beautiful women running around that haven't ever been made love to so what could he do? He showed women how to make love and he was soon approached by a lot of women. He showed men what they were missing and got them to give up those machines, which weren't appreciative anyway.

So if you enjoy writing erotic novels, go for it. I don't think that Amazon cares and they should sell well. Obviously writing about the mating habits of human beings does sell well.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
No worries, as long as there is nothing illegal you'll be fine. I've got erotic novellas online that have a multitude of sexual fantasies and have never had a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts