Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...My revised short story, Dual, is live!  I'm so excited.

Four people bought before I pulled it down to fix a few things.  I wondered if Amazon will automatically update their versions?

I know a couple of them were fellow authors and I could buy them new copies but I didn't know if that was necessary if Amazon takes care of it.

Thanks so much.  :)  I'm pumped!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
No, they don't automatically send revisions, but if the purchaser emails Kindle CS and requests it, they will push the new version to their account.  The reason they don't auto-update is mostly that some folks have marked up their books with notes, and they don't want to overwrite those without asking.  I think they plan to offer the ability in the future to merge new versions with mark-ups. Of course, it would be nice if they'd contact the people and let them know it's available, but AFAIK, they don't do that.

Hope you get lots of good reviews on the story,
Maria

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, it did come in a bit longer after my revisions.  I guess I'll have to update the description too.  :)

It ended up at around 5700 words.  I'm not sure how long a Novella is, though.

·
Registered
977 Posts
If you email customer service to let them know you have updated your story and request they let your readers know, they will send out an email to everyone who has purchased a copy and give them the option of uploading the new version for free ;D. I've used this service a couple times and know my readers appreciate having the option. They also word it so that it appears there was a formatting error...

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...yeah...formatting error.  That's what it was. :) 

Thanks WriterGurl, I've written to the two I know of and offered a new copy.  I didn't realize we could enlist the help of customer service.  That's great information.  Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts