Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Ordered my Kindle on December 9th and like everyone else was told I would not receive it for 12 weeks.  In January I saw a friends in action, I could not stand the wait, I went on EBay and won one at auction.  I did not cancel the original order from Amazon. 

My original order has been upgraded to a Kindle 2.  I love my Kindle 1, but the idea of getting a Kindle 2.  I am so excited.  How hard will it be to sell my Kindle 1.  Where would be the best place to sell it. 

Also, the Kindle 2 has a non replaceable battery?  Exactly what does that mean, what happens if the battery wears out?

Do you think the upgrade is worth the trouble of selling my first kindle? 

·
Registered
788 Posts
Non-replaceable battery means that like the iPod, when your battery dies you need to send your device back to the manufacturer for repair. If you're still within the One-Year Warranty period, it's free, but after that it is going to cost you $59.00 for amazon.com to replace the battery.

B

·
0 Posts
As for selling the K1, it should not be too hard. You can list here on Kindleboards in the the Buy, Sell, Trade and Barter section.

I am personally in the market for a reasonably priced K1 for my daughter's high school graduation present.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I sold my Kindle Klassic in less than 12 hours here. Who knows, some of us getting a K 2 may have buyers remorse and be in the market for a K 1.  :) I feel sure there are people that will be looking for a good deal on a Kindle that have never had one previously.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I would check your local Craig's List to see if there are a lot listed. I sold mine on there and I do not think I would have gotten as much on the sell board here or eBay, where there is a lot of competition. Plus it was free to list and I met the guy in person (in a public place) and he paid cash. No worry about shipping, no paypal or ebay fees and no concerns about charge backs.
Also, if you do go that route, be sure to include pictures. A lot of people on there don't and I think it helped to get mine sold.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Octochick said:
I would check your local Craig's List to see if there are a lot listed. I sold mine on there and I do not think I would have gotten as much on the sell board here or eBay, where there is a lot of competition. Plus it was free to list and I met the guy in person (in a public place) and he paid cash. No worry about shipping, no paypal or ebay fees and no concerns about charge backs.
Also, if you do go that route, be sure to include pictures. A lot of people on there don't and I think it helped to get mine sold.
That's a good idea!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Octochick said:
I was wondering if the guy you were going to meet bought your Kindle.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Anne said:
I was wondering if the guy you were going to meet bought your Kindle.
Yes, it worked out great but I have heard you can get some flakes that do not show up. So do not go out of your way. I chose a
place that was close to me and that had free wifi. I was able to give him and his wife a full demo then de-register it right there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't think you'll have trouble now or in the future.  I'm going to look for maybe two.  One for my mother and another for my son.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I think (maybe) prices of Kindle 1s may come down after the release of K2s.

(I used to have K2 downhill skis.)

But that is just MY thinking.

Eric

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just did a quick check of my local craigslist - and there are a few Kindles for sale, but interestingly several "Wanted" postings for the Kindle 1 or Kindle Klassic.  I think there will always be a market for it.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
cheshirenc said:
I don't think you'll have trouble now or in the future. I'm going to look for maybe two. One for my mother and another for my son.
It shouldn't be hard to sell. I had to quote the person above...love your avatar ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
I wouldn't think it would be hard to sell either.  I'm sure someone will pick it up off of you if you put it in the buy/sell section on here or you can always try ebay.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I don't think you will have any problems selling. 

Me, personally, if I could afford it...I'd keep them both...that's just me.  I'd keep all my classics and materials already read on SD card in the 1 and all my new stuff in the 2. As I read stuff on K2; once read; delete and re-send to K1 on the SD card.  Anything happens to either unit; you have the other for backup.

(I only have K1 and am very satisfied; though I am very enthusiastic re: K2; I wish everyone well.)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
More importantly, does anybody want to buy my queen size bed and armoire?  ;D

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've already bought two Kindle 1's for family gifts.  I love mine and do not intend to upgrade unless I have to. So, you will not have a problem selling yours.  There are lots of us sticking to K1's.

Tracey- don't even look at Craig's list, your's is sold to me!  Ha-Ha.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The boards here sound like they'll be a good idea. Also you could sell it on ebay where you bought it in the first place :) (Or just hold on it is "just in case" as I'm doing.)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts