Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,183 Posts
Patrick Skelton said:
Okay..thanks for the info. Will my balance column be updated once they receive payment from the vendors?
When they receive payment from a retailer, the Accrued Sales column figure goes down (because that only tracks sales which have been reported but not paid for yet), and the Current Account Balance up the top of the page, on the left, goes up by the same amount (sometimes slightly less, depending on when VAT/GST is calculated in - sometimes this is done at retailer payment, I think).

I've found them very good. The delay in reporting is certainly not ideal for the impatient among us (I, myself, am never to be found whining that I want to know how my B&N sales are going, for example... ;D ), but it's almost inevitable with this sort of distribution model. Considering the price points of most of my books (free or 99c), there's no way I'd abandon Smashwords to go direct to the retailers - I'd lose quite a bit of money and promotional muscle doing so.

· Registered
2,183 Posts
BTW, the next payment should go out very early August - they pay within 45 days of the end of the quarter, and include any sales payments made by retailers within that quarter (to my understanding).

· Registered
2,183 Posts
Carl246 said:
Once a month springs to mind just like everyone else.
*nods* Would be nice. I'm not sure how reasonable it would be, though, given that the majority of the payouts are from distributed sales. What sort of lag between payment received from retailer and payment to author would you consider acceptable if you got monthly payments?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.