Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,383 Posts
We must remember that Smash is working in an 'experience' vacuum and are, essentially, making it up as they go along. Their author payment system is a legacy of trad publishing and I'm sure it won't last too long in the digital publishing era. At least, I hope it won't. Sitting on other people's money for 3 months for no other reason than they used to do it in the old days is almost immoral.

To be honest, I'd prefer they get their vetting process as good as it can be rather than spend too many valuable resources on author payments. When they can get books approved/rejected for their premium cataogue within 3 days, then it would be time to look at payments.

· Registered
1,383 Posts
I can't see a reason for smash not paying for sales on their website and their affiliate network at the end of every month. They have the money, so why not pay it? The premium catalog is a different story because it appears the flow of money from B&N, Apple, Sony et al is erratic.  

Everything takes time, however, and I'm for cutting Mark and friends a bit of slack on this issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.