Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many people would love to own the pink Kindle.  As for me, I would love to own a black one.  I wonder if they will do that for Kindle 3.  Heh heh.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, its kinda surprising that they dont. I guess they are worried that people might order wierd colors, decide that the color distracts them, and then try and return it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think they could offer a couple choices and not have to worry about those who decided after they didn't want them.
Maybe they could poll existing customers to find the most popular choices and try one or two of the most common.  That being said I think the skins are a great solution and allow you to get something more suited to your personal tastes.  Me, I'm fine with the white...at least for now.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
There are more skins available than they could ever offer in colors, with patterns pre-made and some that you give them the picture. More variety then any one company could match. (and lets not even talk about adding covers to the game ;) )

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
Production is certainly simpler if it's only offered in one color.  Also, it might change pricing if they had more than one color.  We were looking at refrigerators and they cost different amounts for different colors even when they were otherwise the same model. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good point about the cost.

I also agree with the covers changing things, white doesn't bother me because I know that my Kindle2 will soon be well cared for inside an Oberon Celtic Hounds cover

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I agree with everything already mentioned about the skins, the cost, the distraction, etc.  But it's still not unreasonable.  Think about other electronics that come in many colors...  iPods, Dell laptops, some of the netbooks.

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
I expect some color choice will come eventually. . .laptops, ipods, cellphone, etc. all started out one color and didn't have options until the later generations. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have no skins, but when I read I only see the words on the screen I get so into whatever I am reading  ::)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure they will come up with different editions, e.g., a Stephen King edition, or something like that.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Black would be nice or even a brushed aluminum... hmmmm SEXY!!  8)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Kind said:
Black would be nice or even a brushed aluminum... hmmmm SEXY!! 8)
I like the aluminum idea, it would look sturdier (even if it wasn't) and put me at ease if someone were to dare to try and pick it up. :)

Edit: I can't believe I spelled aluminum correctly.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
As much as I joke about wanting a pink Kindle, I'm perfectly happy with my white one. I just cover it with skins anyway. I have a pink phone and ipod and they're both sporting DecalGirl. Black might be nice though.

Please pardon my typos today. I've been posting from my cell phone and don't have spell check (I don't know what excuse I have for every other day)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have to admit the metallic navy blue of the Sony 505 was fetching... although I can't see choosing it over Kindle, it would be kind of nice to have that choice. 

·
Registered
493 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
As much as I joke about wanting a pink Kindle, I'm perfectly happy with my white one. I just cover it with skins anyway. I have a pink phone and ipod and they're both sporting DecalGirl. Black might be nice though.

Please pardon my typos today. I've been posting from my cell phone and don't have spell check (I don't know what excuse I have for every other day)
I haven't noticed any, I only know when I do it because spell check tells me. ;)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Some of the finishes show fingerprints like crazy.  I ordered an Acer Aspire One in Sapphire Blue--beautiful but so shiny I'd have to polish it constantly.  I skinned that baby within 3 days.  (Decalgirl has a custom set).  Brushed aluminum, as least some of the products I have with that finish, shows prints.

I like the skins...

Betsy

·
Registered
621 Posts
Gruntman said:
I like the aluminum idea, it would look sturdier (even if it wasn't) and put me at ease if someone were to dare to try and pick it up. :)

Edit: I can't believe I spelled aluminum correctly.
Ummm, the correct spelling is aluminIum!
{I am a retired English English teacher!} ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts