Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Took some work, but we've at least got the provinces labeled. It's high enough resolution that we can break the map down into province-sized pieces too. Comments welcome 8)

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
I was about to comment that you need to zoom in and put some names of rivers and things such as that on there, but then I saw you intend to. Good looking map. What are you planning to do, make it interactive somehow so that whenever someone hovers the curser over it, it zooms in? I wouldn't go with multiple maps, if that's your plan.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is it done with/by whom?
Our senior environments artist at Heavy Cat Studios drew and colored it. Not sure what her tools are, but she's very fast at environment/background design. :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are you planning to do, make it interactive somehow so that whenever someone hovers the curser over it, it zooms in?
That would be cool. :) Not sure if we can do that in a Kindle book but maybe we can add it on our site.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've found that in e-books, I don't really look at the detailed maps much, seeing as how it's a pain to refer back to it. A map like that is perfect though. It's always nice to know how provinces/kingdoms relate, after all. My only question is this: how does it look in grayscale? It looks nice in color, but I'm not sure what it'll look like on a regular Kindle.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's a gorgeous fantasy map. I'm used to the simple style you traditionally see in paperback (what I was a planning on drawing for mine), but this raises the bar :- O . really interested to see the detailed zooms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts