Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Kindle back on 1/21 and have a 3/4-3/13 delivery estimate.  I chose regular shipping (not super saver) at the time because the wait for so long, it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

If I upgraded the shipping to overnight now, would it change my place in line?  Anyone know? 

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I ordered back in November.  Upgraded a couple weeks later to overnight.  I had a ship date of feb/march, but got mine right before Christmas.  I think I just had ordered it at the right time.  I've read in other threads here that it does not change your place in line. 

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drenee---thanks for your reply.  Impatient as I am, I just called Kindle Support and asked them the same thing.  I asked if it would put me in the "back of the line" if I upgraded my shipping.  I was surprised that the rep told me it was better to stay "as is" because changing shipping may place me somewhere "in the middle" of the line rather than where I am.  Yikes, not about to touch it for the sake of a day or two, especially if I'm saving money. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I ordered Guinea Pig yesterday with overnight shipping (I have Prime) and received a ship date of Mar 4 -12, 2009.

L

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have read on this board several different answers.  It does change your place in line.  It is a glitch in the system and it doesn't change your place in line even though it looks like it does on your order.
I personally have had three different shipping estimates show up on my account.  The first when I initially bought it with super saver shipping had from March 2 up to three weeks.  The second changed to March 9th when I changed to two shipping.  I decided that I couldn't wait longer but I am still waiting.  I applied a gift card last Thursday so no I have an estimated ship date starting March 5th. 
I am still waiting. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts