Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around to see if this question was already asked before, but I haven't come up with it. I need to update a few typos and wondered if uploading a new file would throw me off perma-free on Amazon. I certainly do not want to anger the Amazon price-matching Gods so the typos can wait if it might.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CabanaBooks.com said:
I asked the same thing and got a few answers here:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,138432.0/topicseen.html

How long does it usually take for a book to go "perma free" on Amazon?
Thanks so much for directing me there. I knew someone asked the question before but I couldn't put the right search words in. Looks like those typos are going to stay right where they are. I don't want to risk it.

It took me a few months to get Amazon to price match. I've been on since April. If you'd like me to suggest a lower price for you, put your links below, I'd be glad to help. Sometimes having other people suggest the lower price works.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
I've asked Amazon to change me to the new teen category, but they won't, they want me to do it. I'm too chicken because of how long it took to get them to price match to perma free in the US store. They still haven't price matched it free outside the US.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
In the past, making changes to a book has not interfered with its status as perma-free. :)

I say "in the past" just because Amazon likes to throw curveballs sometimes, so you never know. But I don't think there's a precedent for this kind of thing causing problems.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of your input. I think I'm going to err on the side of caution and refrain from updating. It is only a few typos and no one has complained yet (knock on wood). If a reader mentions them then I'll have to chance it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.