Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in mid-November I ordered two replacement batteries for my K & hubby's K. I checked my account on Amazon this evening & they shipped on March 21st! That wasn't too long a wait, was it???  :D Seriously, I wonder what the deal is with getting these batteries? I mean, they were able to come up with all the batteries that they put in the K1's that they shipped out new. Where did they get them from??

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
MAN!  Where is my battery?  I haven't waited as long as you did, but it has been almost 2 months now!  I did get an email the other day asking me if I still wanted to wait and I said yes.... maybe I will get it soon??  Maybe?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I know, Pom!  Crazy isn't it??  I just want a spare.  My history of batteries going bad are legendary.  They just quit holding charges for me seemingly sooner than others.  I knew that there was a bad wait list for a replacement K1 battery so I went ahead and ordered early.  Maybe I will get it before I start having problems with my oriinal battery....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Tippy said:
I was able to purchase K1 batteries on Ebay for a very reasonable cost.
That's what I did, also. Got tired of waiting for over a month for these $20 batteries - found same spec batteries on eBay (from China, as are the Kindle OEM batteries) for $10 + a few dollars shipping. Bought 4 of them (2 for each of our Kindles) - I've also had a bad-luck history with batteries, and don't want my Kindle tethered to an AC cord, should one of the batteries fail!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
katbird1 said:
I ordered my battery in Jan. and got confirmation on Sat. that it was being shipped.
You ordered from Amazon?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My guess...because Amazon no longer manufactures the K1s, they aren't stocking the batteries, but when they have a reasonable amount of orders for them, they order a batch. Also, if it is under a year and your battery dies, it is still under warranty, you can call CS and have it replaced. They should last more than a year so it would fall under defective, I think... ;)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I just went through my emails and I ordered on 2/19.  So I guess I have a while longer to wait.
thanks for updating.
deb

·
Registered
126 Posts
Suzanne - Dewey Decimal #336 said:
Yes, Kay, you are right. And I did just that. It's ridiculous that we need to order these batteries so far ahead. Lordy, are they bringing them in on the Space Shuttle or what?
Are these the ones made in China or what? BTW, where does the battery that Amazon sell come from? Who are the manufacturers? If China or Japan can make it, is it same quality and long lasting as that with those sold by Amazon? Just wondering..... But sometimes you cant help to buy from these if you really want to have to use your Kindle.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I just got a notice that my battery is being shipped. I also ordered in November. My plan is to use the back up battery when traveling out of the country. My battery is behaving just fine but I figured it was better to be safe then sorry.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I believe that Radio Shack sells K1 batteries (or did at one point).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts