Kindle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Someone Nameless said:
I've upgraded and love it. So far the only problem I'm having is that the Kindle for Mac app does not work. Anyone else had this problem?
It's working for me!

·
Registered
450 Posts
mistyd107 said:
any new changes to safari??
Yeh, Safari now has 'Reading List' which is Apple's version of Instapaper... I had a quick little play with it but will stick with instapaper for now.
Safari also now has fullscreen support built into it, which is weird as when I got full screen with it you lose your row of book marks. You can also pinch to zoom and double tap to zoom in safari.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Les Turner said:
Yeh, Safari now has 'Reading List' which is Apple's version of Instapaper... I had a quick little play with it but will stick with instapaper for now.
Safari also now has fullscreen support built into it, which is weird as when I got full screen with it you lose your row of book marks. You can also pinch to zoom and double tap to zoom in safari.
thx!!!! haven't moved to lion yet but safari 5.1 did update...It seems quite a bit faster also

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
which is weird as when I got full screen with it you lose your row of book marks
Les Turner, I'm curious about what you mean here. Which row of bookmarks where?

·
Registered
66 Posts
In full screen mode, the only thing at the top is the address bar with the search and such.  The bar below it that usually has your bookmarks disappears until you mouse over it.
This mode really makes browsing more immersive - I like it!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Someone Nameless said:
Les Turner, I'm curious about what you mean here. Which row of bookmarks where?
See the image blow, normally below the URL bar is your row of bookmarks, but it hides when in full screen, although as was just pointed out above, and as I clearly missed, when you mouse over it they unhide.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Under the "view" menu, there is an option to "always show bookmark bar" - this will, quite obviously, restore the bookmark bar in fullscreen mode - if that's your preference.

HTH,
Tracey

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
also notice that the option to open tabs/windows from the last session is available in preferences as to how you want to open safari. I like that

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I have been reading the reviews in the App Store and I'm not liking what I'm reading,so I think for now I will wait a bit to upgrade.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will wait till there are a couple of updates and fixes first. Also will wait to hear from those that rushed to install. You can quickly learn from them, when there are problems.

I just recently went from Leopard to Snow Leopard, and satisfied with that. Seems like the OS Lion is simply moving the OS toward the likes of Iphone, Ipad, etc., mainly touch screen. Since I own an Ipad2, I do all the touch screen work on that, this satisfies that passion. Still prefer a Mac anything over a PC.

8)

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I installed Lion this morning. It took 10 hours to download the installer, and an hour in do the actual installation. So far, I'm not real impressed. The only thing different I've seen is that my backup program now thinks no files have been backed up and tries to fill up my remote drive with duplicate files.

It does seem to have a "Save a Version" selection in the pull-down menus, but I see no sign of automatic version control... of course, this may require that the up-coming cloud function.

I have Mail toggled to "Classic", so other than the swipe scrolling being backwards (which can be changed), I'd never know I had upgraded except for lots of spinning beach balls. It seems as though the initial loading of any particular program is very, very slow. After that, they seem to load about as fast as before the upgrade.

I had previously purged all my PPC apps, so I had no problems with apps not working. The installer only complained about one extension being incompatible, and that was for a USB low-noise preamp that I haven’t used in years.

I did have to install the Lion version of Java manually, so insure that OpenOffice would work.

Mike

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
So it's been a few days what are you all thinking about it now.  How is the syncing between iPad and laptop are you impressed?

I'm just downloading some updates on other things and was debating.  I use the iPad 90% of the time so I don't check it often to see what needs to update. 

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I updated yesterday and everything was fine, but I just tried logging into my email and can't access it thru mail, Gmail or my iPhone I get an error that says my username/password is incorrect?  Is anyone having an issue?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
mistyd107 said:
I updated yesterday and everything was fine, but I just tried logging into my email and can't access it thru mail, Gmail or my iPhone I get an error that says my username/password is incorrect? Is anyone having an issue?
Misty-- do you have multiple gmail accounts that you are trying to access via Apple mail? If so, that is one of the bugs that Lion seems to have.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1198191

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1196544

Many others are reporting kernel panics and memory leaks when using Safari 5.1 with OSX Lion.

I think I'll take Sugar's advice and wait for version 10.7.1 to appear before upgrading.

All the best.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Eeyore said:
Misty-- do you have multiple gmail accounts that you are trying to access via Apple mail? If so, that is one of the bugs that Lion seems to have.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1198191

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1196544

Many others are reporting kernal panics and memory leaks when using Safari 5.1 with OSX Lion.

I think I will wait for version 10.7.1 to appear before upgrading.

All the best.

no, its just one and worked fine this am its not working on my iPhone either.
no, its just one and worked fine this am its not working on my iPhone either and of course google has no customer support # the odd thing is the phone and att is no help

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Sharon Red said:
I just upgraded from Snow Leopard and it went without a hitch and so far so good. I love spaces!
Spaces was in Snow Leopard also. They just called it something else and you had to know it was there in order to turn it on, it wasn't a default. I used (and use) it a lot. It was less keystrokes to use in SL.

Mike

41 - 60 of 69 Posts