Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 37 42.5%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprisingly enough, I can see myself using this during those times when I don't have my Kindle.  That said, those times are rare!  ;D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Surprisingly enough, I can see myself using this during those times when I don't have my Kindle. That said, those times are rare! ;D
like you it will be for times I don't have my Kindle with me -

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
My iPhone fits in my shirt pocket. My Kindle doesn't. That guarantees there will be times I will use it. Sometimes I don't want to have to hold the Kindle continuously to use it intermittently. This solution is ideal for that and I also don't risk dropping/theft etc..

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nope because:

a) I don't own an iphone
b) backlight = glare and glare = headaches

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Have already loaded it and it so far works perfectly. It'll be great for those little bits of free time when I don't have the Kindle with me.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
It will be great for those who don't want to carry their Kindles everywhere.

Having said that, I'll probably never use it.  I use my iphone for mail and to check the news or look something up when I'm on the run; the Kindle fits in my purse and if I have enough time to really read (I hate reading books in tiny chunks of time), I'll pull it out.

It's the same reason I'm rarely likely to surf the web on the Kindle; the iPhone is far better designed for that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can see where this will be nice. There are times I am without my Kindle for one reason or another and find myself sitting thinking, "I wish I had my Kindle." Now I can continue reading until I get back to AIVAS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a No for me. I have only had my Kindle for a week, but it has been with me everywhere I go. I had tried to read books from Google on my iPhone before, and it hurt my eyes after a while.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I already answered above but was just thinking that this application will be super for all the people complaining in the reviews that Kindle doesn't have a back light and that they read books on their iPhone or iTouch why would they need a Kindle..... remember the more books sold in Kindle version the better - more and more will appear for us to read.

This must have been in the works when Steve Jobs said they wouldn't be developing an ereader - maybe that is why

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I don't have and don't want an iphone. I have a kindle for reading, and an ipod for walking (I can't walk fast and read at the same time). this board has me thinking about an Nintendo dsi. that is most likely a fantasy.
Sylvia

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I don't have an iPhone (yet), but I am still most likely to remember to bring my kindle than my phone. My phone stays in my jeans pocket and sometimes gets left in a pair of jeans (luckily mom checks pockets before washing). Meanwhile my kindle is always in one of two places....my purse....my messenger bag.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I can't vote, since my answer will be "yes, but only as a novelty." I think it is a cool app to have, but not something I would use on a regular basis.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yes, less obvious than the K, during those boring meetings.  I think someone heard the K2s page turn click; luckily not a snitch.

Another battery to drain after I've drained the K2 battery.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts