Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would like "An Awesome Book of Thanks" because it's the new year and one of my goals is to pass on gratitude to my children and help them experience joy and thankfulness in everyday things. It can be hard finding books for both kids and adults in Kindle version and this one looks wonderful.

I would pick an orange lighted case.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Catcher Caught!!!  I might be one of the few people in the world who has never read Catcher in the Rye.  I have it on my Kindle now too and I just can't get into it!  And get this... A/P English in high school... Majored in English in college... still no Catcher in the Rye.  LOL!

Also Black... I'm a New Yawker.  What would you expect?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Great contest!
If I were lucky enough to win, I'd like an apple green cover and this book:

Page from a Tennessee Journal

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I would like to read: Silent Tears: A Journey Of Hope In A Chinese Orphanage

And I would like to have the hot pink cover.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yay, another contest!  :D
I'd like to read "A Scattered Life" and my cover color choice would be blue (1st choice) or green (2nd choice).
Thanks, AmazonEncore! 

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would like to read Herb 'n' Lorna - the "erotic arts and crafts" have me intrigued and I enjoy a good quirky love story!

As for the cover - apple green please (I already have a skin picked out to match it)

Danke!  ;D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Soooo exciting, another contest.  I think I would most like to read "A Wish After Midnight" by Zetta Elliott. I would love to have the green Amazon cover for my new Kindle.
Thanks again

·
Registered
292 Posts
A Scattered life.  The description just struck me as a must read

I'd be THRILLED to have any lighted cover, but love the green, red, and black the best. 

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
AmazonEncore book: The Last Block in Harlem because I heard about it on NPR and am interested in reading it.

Lighted Pink cover.

Thanks for the chance, and for thinking of us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Easily Amused - seems like it would be a easy-read, something different than what I am use to.

I would choose the slate blue cover

·
Registered
10 Posts
My pick is the First Assassin.  This is of interest to me since I lived in Clinton, Md from the time I was thirteen until after I graduated from Surrattsville High School in 1958.  Clinton was originally named Surrattsville, but after Mary Surratt was found to be involved in the assassination of President Lincoln, the name was changed to Robeysville and then in 1879 was renamed Clinton.

When I was about 13 I lived, with my parents, for a short time with an older gentleman who rented part of his house, whose doctor had been Doctor Samuel Mudd, the physician who was convicted and imprisoned for aiding and conspiring with John Wilkes Booth.

The original town founded in the 1770s was named Surratt's Villa and was a crossroads with just a couple of buildings.  The main building served as the Post Office and an inn and was the residence of Mary Surratt who was a widow.

On 14 and 15 April 1865, John Wilkes Booth stopped by the Surrattsville tavern to pick up weapons and supplies. The U.S. Government alleged that Mrs. Surratt had gone there earlier with these supplies, and was in collusion with the conspirators, one of whom was her son, John Surratt. Because she was found guilty of complicity in the Lincoln assassination, Mary Surratt was hanged at the Capitol Prison in Washington D.C., on 7 July 1865.  The local high school, however, retained the name of Surrattsville. where I graduated.

If I am fortunate enough to win, I would like a black cover.

Don Wood

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
My pick is How to Succeed at Aging Without Really Dying.  I would like to read something light and entertaining and this book sounds like it would be both of those.

Color- Steel Blue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, thanks for another contest!

I've hiked pieces of the Appalachian Trail, including a short segment yesterday, and would really enjoy reading an account of someone who has successfully done the whole thing. So, I vote for AWOL on the Appalachian Trail, and a green cover.

61 - 80 of 237 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.