Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an ad on CL for a Kindle 1 for $100 and almost jumped off the couch!  I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!  I already have a K1 but I have 2 friends who are dying for one and I could give it as a gift.  I also want to give it to my mom as a gift but I'm not sure she'd use it since she doesn't seem to read much. 

Either way... OMG a K1 for $100!!!!  I sent them an email and am DYING to have been the first and hope I get it! 

·
Registered
96 Posts
For that price I hope it is in one piece, works, and does not come up as stolen when you try to register it. If you do get it, make sure you get positive ID from the seller so it doesnt turn into a piece of junk by being stolen. Good Luck!!! Let us know!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! He called and so far everything seems legit.  He had bought a K1 when they first came out.  It died, they sent him a refurbished K1 around Oct 08 sometime.  This Kindle is the refurbed one.  Now he has upgraded to the K2 and just wants to get rid of the old K1.  We talked a lot about that process and Amazon's service so he knew way too much about Amazon's replacement/warranty policy for this to be a stolen unit.  But you never know, I just got the impression this is an honest circumstance. 

I am meeting him with a friend at a coffee shop this afternoon.  I will bring my SD card with me and make sure it's working well and all that before it's final.  Wish me luck! 

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Be sure to tell us about it when you get back.  I am soo jealous.  I would go get one for my kids if I could find them at that price.
deb

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Oh, man!  Congrats!  Hope it works for you....

I want to find a good/decent condition K1 for my assistant at work.  I know she wants one but can't afford it.  She deserves a special thank you and I am on the hunt for a K1 for her....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I am back with the new K1!  It's beautiful and in absolutely pristine condition.  He said he's been really busy lately and has hardly used this one since he got it and it shows!  I mean... it looks and feels better than Estelle!  I brought my SD card with me and tested it out and everything seems to work flawlessly so far.  I tested the wi-fi and played with all it's buttons and all that and it's working perfectly!  One thing that's different about it is that the right side Next Page button is utterly silent.  Mine clicks so that's kinda cool.  I'm SO EXCITED!!!  Now I just have to figure out what to do with it.  LOL 

I REALLY want to give it to my mom but like I said, I'm not sure she'd even use it.  :-\  I may keep it as a backup in case Estelle ever dies and can't be replaced because I prefer the K1 to the K2.  I don't know. All I know is that I just got a $250 device for $100! 

Every day, I go on CL and search for Kindle to see what comes up and what the prices are because I wanted to grab an extra one if I saw it for a great price.  It finally paid off yesterday. WOW.  ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Wonderful race! I bought a backup K1 awhile back, got a great price, your price is better but I'm happy with mine. My cousin currently has it, AS A LOANER! She knows if something happens to my K1 I get that one, but feel so much better having a backup. 8)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Wow, lucky you. That's awesome! I'll give you $120 for it! lol  j/k  :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts