Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kindle Nation ad runs tomorrow. June has sucked for me so far....but here's to hoping!

I will let everyone know the results...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Good luck! It looks like lots of people have had low sales - probably due to amazon promos of other books - so hopefully this will get you back on track.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will definitely post my numbers after the sale is over. To give you an idea, I've sold zero books all week. In the first two hours now of the ad, I've sold 11 books.  Only twenty-something more hours to go!  I'm might very well sell over a hundred books by tomorrow! That would be 200 dollars in profit, easily paying for the $120 ad.  But more importantly, it will boost my rank and get my book out there.  I've tried everything in the last few months and nothing has worked as effectively as Kindle Nation so far. I must say that Steve put a really nice ad together for me!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So here are some numbers.  In a span of 24 hours I went from selling zero books for the past week to selling 42 books.  I realize that this doesn't quite pay for the 120 dollar ad (need to sell 60 books), but the sales are still coming in.  My ranking also jumped from 180K to 4K. 

I would call the ad a success.  Not a smashing success, but a success.

The real question is:  will my sales dwindle back into nothing by next week? If so, then I'd say the ad was not a waste, but more or less a neutral effort.  We'll see. I'd be happy with selling a consistent 2-3 copies a day at $2.99.  I've tried the 99 cents approach and it did nothing.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Final results: 47 books.  Didn't break even yet on the cost of the ad, but that's fine.   Also, noticing that my ranking is gradually moving back to where it was before the sale.  Not to be a downer, but I'm guessing by next week I'll be back to selling just a few books a week.  LOL

If I would have known that the sunshine sale was going on I would have waited to run the Kindle Nation Daily ad in late fall or after Christmas. I might do another then and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
That's excellent news Patrick, whether the results are all down to the ad is the question. Because if you've appeared on a top 100 chart this will get you more sales anyway.  ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts