Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no way to make a "wishlist" of Kindle books on amazon, is there? It would give me something Kindle-esque to do while I wait for my Kindle 2 to arrive.  8)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't think that there is. I too have been waiting what seems forever for my Kindle, so what I have been doing to pass the time is create a bookmarks folder on Firefox for Kindle books and bookmark all the ones I want to read.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's another thing we should ask amazon for...

I don't know why they don't have that. Seems like a no brainer.  ???

·
Registered
137 Posts
VMars said:
There is no way to make a "wishlist" of Kindle books on amazon, is there? It would give me something Kindle-esque to do while I wait for my Kindle 2 to arrive. 8)
You can buy books (and samples) and they will be on your Kindle when it arrives - hopefully someone who's done this will also post, since I'm not sure if there are some time parameters involved (i.e., once you get a shipping date until the K ships, etc.). I didn't do this - but I've read in Leslie's book that you can. I wrote to Amazon to ask them why there isn't an "Add to My Wish List" button on Kindle books - the answer, as I recall, was that you can download samples, so you don't need to put K-books on your wish list. Which is great if you live in an area with Whispernet access, but I don't. I often read a review of a new book and prefer to go ahead and add it to my wish list, even though I'm not looking for a new book today ... so it's something I like to use all the time.

What I found instead is the Universal Wish List Button - you can get it here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/wishlist/get-button
It works with K-books as well as anywhere else on the web that you find things you might like to buy sometime.

When you're ordering K-books from Amazon, you can help Kindle Boards if you enter the Amazon site from the link on the homepage for Kingle Boards - or click on a link in a post about a book (or accessories or anything from Amazon) ... as long as you start from here, the Board administrator gets some credit for your purchase :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! That button worked!  ;D

And I did send myself samples already, but I think it stopped at ten....and I wanted more. Hee.  :)

Counting my ebooks before they've hatched...err...downloaded.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
VMars said:
Thanks guys! That button worked! ;D

And I did send myself samples already, but I think it stopped at ten....and I wanted more. Hee. :)

Counting my ebooks before they've hatched...err...downloaded.
It doesn't stop at 10. It only shows the last 10 you've sent. I had more than 30 samples when my K1 arrived. I've already started sending stuff to Bella (I want her to feel loved right away)

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
That universal wishlist button is great. I have a wishlist that I put only kindle books in it with it. Its my default so all I have to do is click on the wishlist button and done. I started out in the beginning sending samples of every book I might like. Once I got to 16 pages of samples, I had to rethink that method  :D. Now what I do is every few days I go in my kindle wishlist and sort by price and if a book dropped to some nice sale price, I get it, or get a sample to check. I have gotten a few deals like that where books temporary dropped to 1.99 from 6.99

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have 3 wishlists for Amazon:

1. Books to read
I put any book here that I find interesting instead of sending samples. Just because I personally do not like having a bunch of samples on my Kindle. Tried that once didn't like it.
2. New Releases
Any books I am waiting to be released I find them on Amazon and add to this wish list. I usually check it every Tuesday. If any books are released I click on them to see if they are in Kindle format.
3. Not yet on Kindle
These are books that were originally in my New Releases and they were not put into Kindle format yet.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
That's what I do Atunah.  I have a few on there that are way too expensive and every so often one of them will drop suddenly and I one-click in a hurry.
There is another thread on this somewhere because I asked about it when I first got my Kindle.  I think there were some other suggestions in it as well.
Also if you go into the reviews for a Kindle book, the Add to Wishlist button will appear.
Andra

·
Registered
118 Posts
I add Kindle books to my Wishlist by clicking on the yellow star rating under the book's title. The next page it takes you to will have an Add to Wishlist button.

If it is a book that has no ratings yet (thus no stars to click on), I add it using the Universal Wishlist button.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dangerosa said:
I add Kindle books to my Wishlist by clicking on the yellow star rating under the book's title. The next page it takes you to will have an Add to Wishlist button.
That's handy - thanks for mentioning it! MDH is reluctant to let me put the Universal Wishlist button on his computer, but now he can use this to add his own books to a wish list. I'd not thought about creating more than one wishlist but, after reading this thread, I think I'll create one for him. We're finding lots of books we might like to read at some point - now that we get the NYTimes on Kindle :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dangerosa said:

If it is a book that has no ratings yet (thus no stars to click on), I add it using the Universal Wishlist button.
Thanks, learn something new every day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts