Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad is taking my brother and I on a last minute trip Arizona. (My dog included)  we will see how long this is going to go on and how ilp going to work out

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hope you all have a good time.
Safe journey.
deb

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after searching and looking for camp reservations that will allow dogs. we decided not to camp. So today we left at 4 am and went fishing and canoe'ing. got to our destination at 545ish after two coffee stops. (bro and i never sleep. dad got an hour and a half)
-brother put on sunscreen (his own) at home. the one he grabbed for my dad and I ended up being the wrong bottle, Tanning oil. Didn't realized this until i sprayed my dad down after he sprayed me. Yes I am extra tan today.
-casting for the canoe, my brother slapped me with his bait...live worm bait.
-casting again my brother got a hook into my dog's lip...this is after we switched seat so i can paddle and steer the boat from the front as they fished in calmer water.
-My doggy sat on the canoe either pastered to my back or my legs (depending where I was sitting) and managed to not bark or not jump out of the boat...or tip us.
-two miles upstream i realize that I have to pee. so pulled into a small beach (we were surrounded by large mountains (will post pictures), got out, shoes get stuck in mud, leave them behind for dad to grab, dog follows me up the hill to base of the cliff and around a rock. She was following me a bit more than usual.
-saw the fish though the clear water, casted near them, but they weren't biting

my favoite shots of the day.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Love your pictures.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Awesome shots! Wish I were there.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went and hot my fishing license today and we fished north of lake meade. Caught a big mouth bass will post the trip pics later. We went through Valley of Fire and Lake Meade national park. It was a longer drive.
Here's my shift in tan the last two days:

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
VA, your pics are great.  I'm glad you guys are having a good time.
deb

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
day two pictures. We drove northeast up to Valley of Fire, though there to Lake Meade National Park, to the Colorado River (specifically Echo Bay) all to fish on the shore

the entrace to the Valley of Fire. can barely see the river, but we end up in the distance

fished right here. Caught myself a bass. Water was so clear

back into town.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hedra Helix said:
;) I love seeing your pictures, no rivers here in east Hawaii... I'm so living vicariously right now.
lol. we were actually were supposed to go to Hawaii to camp on the North Shore, but we ended up going on our daily road adventures. tickets to hawaii were about 700-800 dollars and some drama resulted in the change in plans.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Pictures are gorgeous, but I must saying being in Hawaii and living vicarioiusly for a river, well..... you have the entire Pacific ocean and the most perfect temperature I've ever encountered, gorgeous water, lush green like I've never seen and I so wish I moved there in the early 1980s when I was thinking about it.  I just think Hawaii is paradise.

Given that, these pictures are gorgeous.  Being from the easy and not having travelled much of the southwest, you are making me want to see more of it.  Hope you are having a great time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
These photos are fantastic, VA! I'm enjoying your travelogue.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Great pictures.  Thanks for posting them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts