Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Availability: Usually ships within 11 to 13 weeks. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.  :eek:

I ordered mine on the 19th and it still says delivery Dec. 12-16. I'm going to be very upset if it takes 11 weeks to get mine. That would mean my Nov. 30 b-day present would get here at the end of Jan. at the earliest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
WOW...  I wonder if they're back ordered still because of Oprah.  Who knew that Oprah could have such an effect on literature.  Oh wait... Nevermind

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Wow, it's like back to last year at this time...when it sold out in 5.5 hours and then was backordered for months.

L

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Wow!!  I really can't believe they haven't done everything possible (and maybe they have, who knows) to have them in stock for Christmas.  I'm sure it was because of Oprah - but they knew it was going to be on there and I'm sure well aware of what would happen. 
I hope I got Matt's ordered in time, it still says Dec 16-19 for his.  I hope so!  He'd be so bummed if it got held up even longer than that. 
But, at least I've got mine  ;D !!  I'm such a bad person. 

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I am surprised that they did not try to get more Kindles made before Oprah had it on her show. And that they did not get more made this year for Christmas. The Kindle is the perfect gift to buy for Christmas.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm so glad I purchased my Kindle when I did. I ordered mine the last of Oct I believe it was on the 29th. I watches as it was shipped out of Kansas City using the shipment tracking feature.  In just a few days my UPS man brought my new Kindle to my door Nov. 3rd. I don't know if I could have endured a long wait like have been being posted.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
joeperry97 said:
I ordered mine on the 19th and it still says delivery Dec. 12-16. I'm going to be very upset if it takes 11 weeks to get mine. That would mean my Nov. 30 b-day present would get here at the end of Jan. at the earliest.
I think you're probably ok, joe. From everything I've heard, those shipping estimates are on the conservative side. You'll be getting yours soon, so those people who are just now getting around to ordering will have to wait on you :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
joeperry97 said:
Availability: Usually ships within 11 to 13 weeks. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available. :eek:

Oh, what a long wait for new orders!

If they told you Dec 12 - 16, then it will come at that time. It is others after you that will have the looooonnnnngggg agonizing wait for theirs.

I havn't seen your name before so:

Welcome Aboard JoePerry, this is a great place to be while you wait for your Kindles arrival.

--sailor

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been lurking for a couple weeks while I was researching my Kindle purchase. I wanted to make sure it was exactly what I wanted, and I'm certain it is.

I'm glad to hear you guys think it will still get here on time. I think I saw Vampire got his the other day and it took about 2 weeks so I'm hoping I'll get mine a little early. I'm off for Thanksgiving break this week and would love to have it now. Oh well, patience grasshopper.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think they've just run out. Can't get those batteries made fast enough. Doesn't anyone remember the Wii being impossible to find for the last TWO Christmas seasons?

·
Registered
364 Posts
joeperry97 said:
Availability: Usually ships within 11 to 13 weeks. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available. :eek:

I wonder if that for those who order now. When it was on back order last time, it was first come first served. So when you order on the 19th you save your spot in line, so hopeful you will get you new kindle before or around the 12-16. good luck.

Jodi

·
Registered
364 Posts
sciteach602 said:
WOW... I wonder if they're back ordered still because of Oprah. Who knew that Oprah could have such an effect on literature. Oh wait... Nevermind
It is also the Christmas season, so that may be a reason as well.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I just looked to see if the replacement batteries are available and they are not, so I do think it is a battery issue. I am just so glad I ordered mine
the day of the show. I just hope this does not put off too many people from buying one at all.

B

·
0 Posts
I think Amazon should have insisted that Oprah either do her Kindle show earlier in the season or have her wait until her "Favorite Things: Christmas" episode. At least they should have considered that her push of the product might overflow into the Christmas season purchases due to the timing of the show.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Oy, I just ordered mine on the 20th, 4 days ago. It says delivery 16-18 of December. I had to wait that long because I had to save up the money for the Kindle and I had some Giftcard codes I was waiting on that I earned through my surveys. I am worried now.  :eek:

As long as I don't get a return send to me its all ok. I am going to sit on pins and needles now.  :eek:

Can someone hold my hand please?  :D

B

·
0 Posts
Atunah, we are here for you. You will have the best support system you could find anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Order it anyway. . . estimates may be conservative. . . if it doesn't come wrap up your old box with an IOU in it.  :)

Ann

1 - 20 of 82 Posts