Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the email. My ebook Fair Price, a collection of two short stories, is now free on Amazon! :D



Grab your copy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I have been trying to figure out how to get them to put one of mine up as a free book (short story really)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had it published on Amazon for $0.99, and I had it published on Smashwords, much earlier, for free. Amazon has decided to match the price. That's how it happened for me, I think all the others in the free club have a similar story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Laura Lond said:
I had it published on Amazon for $0.99, and I had it published on Smashwords, much earlier, for free. Amazon has decided to match the price. That's how it happened for me, I think all the others in the free club have a similar story.
That's exactly it. And congratulations! I hope it brings you more readers and sales. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,602 Posts
My latest, Love, Honor, & Consequence, a romantic suspense, is at .99, but I also listed in on Smashwords for free. I have been wondering which of the SW retailers is the one (or ones) which Amazon uses to make that judgement.  Someone said recently that Amazon was not particularly concerned about SW and free books, but the probably would be for the outside retailers, Kobo, etc.

Gordon Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gordon Ryan said:
My latest, Love, Honor, & Consequence, a romantic suspense, is at .99, but I also listed in on Smashwords for free. I have been wondering which of the SW retailers is the one (or ones) which Amazon uses to make that judgement. Someone said recently that Amazon was not particularly concerned about SW and free books, but the probably would be for the outside retailers, Kobo, etc.

Gordon Ryan
I *think* it's B&N, but I'm not sure. I'm in SW's premium catalog, so my books are distributed through all their channels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,097 Posts
Cool!

Hey, how come everyone whose book went free got an email? I didn't get an email when Saying Goodbye to the Sun went free.

Harrumph!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Congrats on joining the free club! I'm curious, once you've joined, how do you reverse it? Do you just start charging on Smashwords and Amazon figures it out? Or do you change the price on KDP and that will affect it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
Laura Lond said:
I *think* it's B&N, but I'm not sure. I'm in SW's premium catalog, so my books are distributed through all their channels.
It could be iBooks as all six of your books are there, including your free one.

Carl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Great news on your freebie, Laura. Some months ago I read and enjoyed the short story 'Fair Price'. I found it most thought provoking, so I hope you get lots of downloads.

In the last half hour I finished reading Book Three of The Adventures of Jecosan Tarres – what a great story! Thank you for such an entertaining and suspenseful tale.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top