Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, thank you ALL for your posts in this forum that not only helped me decide to purchase the Kindle over that "other" reader.  You made my decision much easier.

Second, thanks to all of you who posted about the sun fading issue.  I doubt I would have checked that until the weather really got nice, which would have been outside my standard exchange time.  In fact, my Kindle DID have the issue - though not as bad as some.  Still...I paid good money!

As some others mentioned, I actually got a tech that claimed he had NEVER heard of this issue and that it was performing as intended (I hate that stock answer).  I said that was odd since it was in the news.  I also said that it was false advertising to show a woman reading on the beach and I assured him that she could not do that with faded letters.  He had me do the whole reset, restore factory defaults, still insisting he had never heard of this and "asked a coworker who had not heard of it either."  Baloney.

Anywayyyyy...after all that resetting it still did it (duh!) and he finally agreed to send me a replacement overnight. Then he let it slip that he apologized for not handling the call well and gave me a $10 Kindle credit!!! Woot!  Hopefully, my new one won't have that issue!

Thanks again to all of you...

By the way, my first book was Duma Key by Stephen King...I'm heading over to the Book Corner to get insight on my next pick!

·
Registered
21,588 Posts
Welcome.
It is good to know that you "lurked" around here for a while and got enough info to purchase a K2.
Glad that you found furhter info that helped you to diagnose a difficult problem.
Also glad to know that it got resolved.
Please keep us informed how the new one works. Mine has no fading, has no creaking case, etc.
Solid as a rock and loving it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine also had a creaking case, in addition to the fading issue.  As well, the Next Page button on the left barely had to be depressed, while the one on the right had to be depressed quite firmly.  I cannot wait to receive my new one and...of all things...it is arriving on my birthday!

·
Registered
385 Posts
"Re: Woo! I'm a Kindleboard member!!!"

So what? Who cares?

J/K! What haven't you seen the Saturday Night Live skit about The View? That was supposed to be Joy Behar -that's her response to everything. Pretty funny skit.
Darn it, this is all I could find. I can't believe the snl versions aren't on youtube, but this is a snippet from the View where snl's Fred Armison is on as Joy. Eh ... so what, who cares!

Welcome.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hey MT - glad you are here and helping others with potential problems.  Also glad you are one of us now.

So tomorrow is your birthday?  HAPPY AHEAD of TIME BIRTHDAY!

Keep us posted on your new kindle and the lack of problems  8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts