Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait for the 3.0 upgrade. I noticed a lot of my apps have had updates in the last week, but especially in the last few days.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I got in on the $99 iPhone upgrade last week - made sure I could return it if I didn't like it but now they'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands.  And my husband is saying "Told you so!" 

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ah, my kind of people! Yes, I'll be one of those trying to download 3.0 first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meemo said:
I got in on the $99 iPhone upgrade last week - made sure I could return it if I didn't like it but now they'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands. And my husband is saying "Told you so!"
Yep, I love it more than my kindle LOL

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Rasputina said:
I wouldn't go THAT far, LOL, but I do like some of the other reading apps I've already found for reading the public domain stuff. I still wouldn't want to read on it for a long time, but for short reads, I'm enjoying it a lot!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Rasputina said:
If I had to choose between the Kindle and the iPhone, the Kindle would lose. I'm so excited about both the upgrade and the new iPhone. I'll be upgrading tomorrow and then getting my new iPhone within the next 2 -3 weeks. My husband keeps telling me I have to wait until my birthday, but I don't think I can wait that long (July 10).

I use the Kindle app far more than I ever expected to. The synching between devices makes it so easy to bounce between the two.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
MrTsMom said:
Ah, my kind of people! Yes, I'll be one of those trying to download 3.0 first thing in the morning.
right be hind you

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
luvmy4brats said:
If I had to choose between the Kindle and the iPhone, the Kindle would lose. I'm so excited about both the upgrade and the new iPhone. I'll be upgrading tomorrow and then getting my new iPhone within the next 2 -3 weeks. My husband keeps telling me I have to wait until my birthday, but I don't think I can wait that long (July 10).

I use the Kindle app far more than I ever expected to. The synching between devices makes it so easy to bounce between the two.
If I had to choose between the two, kindle would lose here too LOL my iphone does so much more than just let me read digital books. My latest app addiction is Arabiah.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Rasputina said:
If I had to choose between the two, kindle would lose here too LOL my iphone does so much more than just let me read digital books. My latest app addiction is Arabiah.
Have to look at that. I've been playing with the Moron Test and just finally discovered Pandora. Can't believe what I was missing without that! My daughter is in heaven with Pandora.

Is it sad that I'm planning on waiting up until midnight to see if the release it at 12:01?

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I have been so disappointed that the books that I have on my kindle that didn't come from Amazon are not able to be read on my iphone with the kindle app.  I love picking up my iphone to pick up where I left off on the kindle.  I was reading Waiting for Spring which was a great book and discovered I couldn't get it on the iphone. What a disappointment.  And I think Amazon might even sell it but I didn't buy it there. 
Paula ny

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I just checked in at the apple website!  The new 3.0 upgrade is going to be WAY cool!!  MMS....cut/copy/paste...COOLIO!!!  My iPhone will be the best!!! 

Now if only we can convince Amazon to give us Kindle folders (for K1, too) then my wish list would be complete....

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
I LOVE my iPhone. What changes are in store for the 3.0 update?
Cut, Copy, Paste

MMS (in late summer from AT&T)

Landscape Keyboard Mail, Messages, Notes, and Safari.

Spotlight Search - Find what you're looking for across your iPhone, all from one place. Spotlight searches all of your contacts, email, calendars, and notes, as well as everything in your iPod.

Voice Memos

Improved Calendar

Buy Movies, TV Shows, and Audiobooks from phone

Enhanced Stock App

Parental Controls

Sync notes (yay!)

Shake to shuffle

and more.....

Nope, not excited about it at all..

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
corkyb said:
I have been so disappointed that the books that I have on my kindle that didn't come from Amazon are not able to be read on my iphone with the kindle app. I love picking up my iphone to pick up where I left off on the kindle. I was reading Waiting for Spring which was a great book and discovered I couldn't get it on the iphone. What a disappointment. And I think Amazon might even sell it but I didn't buy it there.
Paula ny
Use Stanza, that is what I use for my non Amazon books. The app has some features that the kindle app doesn't like tags and folders.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
corkyb said:
I have been so disappointed that the books that I have on my kindle that didn't come from Amazon are not able to be read on my iphone with the kindle app. I love picking up my iphone to pick up where I left off on the kindle. I was reading Waiting for Spring which was a great book and discovered I couldn't get it on the iphone. What a disappointment. And I think Amazon might even sell it but I didn't buy it there.
Paula ny
I'm reading on the iPhone too but not with the Kindle app. I'm just reading a different book from what I read on the Kindle. There are a lot of book apps, I've got Wattpad and a couple of others, haven't figured out which I like best yet. Does the Kindle app scroll as you read?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Yeah, so not happy about the MMS delay. My family texts so much that the MMS is a necessity. Can't wait for that.
That's the one thing I'm not so crazy about with it - texting is MUCH slower for me than on my Treo. I'll be very happy when the MMS comes out.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Meemo said:
That's the one thing I'm not so crazy about with it - texting is MUCH slower for me than on my Treo. I'll be very happy when the MMS comes out.
The one thing I love about texting on the iPhone is the chat bubble format. It makes it so much easier to keep track of conversations. Sometimes I get an answer an hour or two after I've sent the text and don't remember what the question was. Super simple to switch from person to person too.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
The one thing I love about texting on the iPhone is the chat bubble format. It makes it so much easier to keep track of conversations. Sometimes I get an answer an hour or two after I've sent the text and don't remember what the question was. Super simple to switch from person to person too.
My Treo was pretty easy to keep up with as far as texting went, I could just scroll up to follow the discussion. But the iPhone is pretty intuitive - not surprising since it's from Apple.
My husband just saw that there's an app for Sirius/XM radio coming out - exciting since we both have XM in our cars!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts