Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a Wordpress blog when I started publishing stories here.  Problem is, Wordpress is not so user friend.  I cannot post anything, because I can't find ANY buttons to click on to allow me to do anything at all.  I don't even get promted to log in.

My blog has abandoned ME.

Facebook is so much easier.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Why not create a blog using Goggle Blogger?
It's fairly easy to use and the learning curve isn't that hard.
[It only took me 3 months to figure out how to add the Blogs I Follow]

http://lvcabbie.blogspot.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been using blogspot for years and love it. Don't feel like you have to stick with WordPress just because you started there. You can always put a directing link as a post over to a new blog and go on from there. People will find you.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Hmm. I'm not sure what's going on with your blog problems. I've been using Wordpress for a while and I really like how it works. Seems pretty user-friendly, and also very customizable. I'm not a tech-type (unless it's music/audio oriented)... At any rate, there are lots of different blog options out there, so I'm sure you'll find something that clicks with you.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I love Wordpress, but you do need a little more savvy to use it than some of the others. You should be able to reach the dashboard if you add /wp-admin to your address. It will prompt you to log in. My suggestion to avoid this in the future is to add the "meta" widget to your sidebar. There is a log in link in that widget as well as RSS links for people to use to follow your blog if they want.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Wordpress. But it is far easier than Drupal. I wanted a website and a blog where my name is tied to it. I liked my old HTML more, but I had to move with the times. I think I will someday take my old website and convert it to WP.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I'd stick with it. Wordpress is amazing and it's not hard to work with once you get your bearings.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
It does take some head scratching at first, but it is worth all the effort. Stick with it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Coral said:
I love Wordpress, but you do need a little more savvy to use it than some of the others. You should be able to reach the dashboard if you add /wp-admin to your address. It will prompt you to log in. My suggestion to avoid this in the future is to add the "meta" widget to your sidebar. There is a log in link in that widget as well as RSS links for people to use to follow your blog if they want.
That worked, Coral. Thanks. I got to the dashboard.

I have the grey bar across the top with all of the options, too. Sweet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts