Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's exciting to be working on a new book set in the Caribbean. Stranger in My Heart is set in Trinidad, and writing it brings back memories of when I was there. As I worked on Hearts Across Forever I had similar feelings and memories. Set in Jamaica, I recall the crazy times when I ran with the wild goats that amazed me by climbing trees. I rode with my husband on retired polo ponies through a heavy rainstorm along the coast where the movie Papillon with Steve McQueen was made. Although my clothes were ruined, I recall the experience as an unforgettable adventure. When I visited Rose Hall Great House, my book Hearts Across Forever and its heroine, Kathryn Calder, were born. In my imagination, I could "see" dancers on the portico of the ancient house and could "feel" the evil presence of the "White Witch."

It's fun to be back in Trinidad and reliving my adventures there. It's even more fun to exaggerate the happenings!

Monti, author

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Found your three books at Amazon. Looking forward to more information about your Trinidad-based book.  Back in the seventies I did a lot of traveling (mostly in the third world).  And made some nice friends in Trinidad and Jamaica and Haiti.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I CAN'T WAIT for this!!! I'm VERY familiar with Trinidad. When do you think your book will be released?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your comments! I'm working on the last chapters now. My publisher plans to release Stranger in My Heart this summer. I am hoping for late June/early July.

Monti

1 - 8 of 8 Posts