Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my worry and search for answers I've stumbled on to this amazing forum where I've already learned a ton (one of the coolest being that I didn't need to turn off my kindle 2 all the time but rather was better off leaving it in sleep mode with WN off- who knew?).

Unfortunately my disastrous problem is this:

I pulled out my kindle 2 from my back pack (have a case for it and everything) and when I turned it on I almost cried. The screen was black with white lines across it - looked like a cell phone with a cracked screen. I'm assuming that's exactly what happened, a cracked screen. I called support and they were very nice about it. Told them exactly what happened - that I took it out of my bag, it had a case and that I turned it on and it looked like the screen cracked. The CS rep asked me if there was anything other than the screen that looked damaged and I said no just the screen.

He then says a replacement will be shipped to me on Monday and should arrive Tuesday. I know I should be ecstatic but my paranoid self is wondering whether when I send the damaged/defective one to them in the mail - will they possibly blame it on me and charge me for a replacement? I was honest with him that I didn't drop it or anything and he knew that I pulled it out of a backpack and it was like that but he said nothing about charging me for a replacement nor did he say anything about assessing a charge upon receipt.

I feel like if they were going to charge me they would have told me over the phone. Or if there was the possibility of being charged they would have made that clear? Maybe someone else who has been in a similar situation could help me?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Your warranty should cover it, I see no reason to be worried. Good luck!!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
There usually are no charges, if there are they generally get credited back.

Be sure and let us know how it all works out.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Sounds like you should be just fine.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts