Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???  I put it on to recharge it yesterday afternoon about 3:00 and forgot about it till just a while ago 5am next morning.  The light had turned green about 6 when I noticed it.... then forgot and this morning the little light was back yellow....  Did I kill it?      When I checked it said it was fully charged on the little indicator....  :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dont worry you cannot overcharge your kindle as it will stop charging when the battery is full , why it went from green"full" back to yellow"charging" i do not know , maybe your kindle was not turned off fully or it froze while on so it did not automatically enter standby mode , is your kindle working OK, how is the battery life?

I would not worry unless it happens again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Kindle is 8 months old... and is working great...  Battery seems to be fine...  I just downloaded the Kindle app from Amazon that lets me read also on the pc.... that is great too... K love my Kindle........  :D

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Lynda, as I understand it there's a 'trigger' point that's some discreet amount less than full.  When the battery reaches that point, the light will be amber when plugged in until it gets to a somewhat higher point where it will turn green.  When it turns green, charging actually stops even if it is still plugged in.

The Kindle does still use a small amount of energy even when it's just sitting . . . .keeping the clock running, maybe wireless is on so it periodically pings to check for content, etc.  So all that happened is the batter dropped to that 'trigger point' so the light turned amber.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:DThanks ... I will try to watch myself better,,,, ha...  I usually do it right....  Sure don't want to hurt my best reading friend...  ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts