Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best to Worst Drivers

(Idaho is the best, New York is the worst)

1 IDAHO
1 WISCONSIN
3 MONTANA
4 KANSAS
5 SOUTH DAKOTA
5 NEBRASKA
7 UTAH
8 WYOMING
8 IOWA
8 OREGON
8 MINNESOTA
12 ALASKA
12 NORTH DAKOTA
14 VERMONT
15 COLORADO
15 MISSOURI
17 OKLAHOMA
17 WASHINGTON
19 NEW MEXICO
20 NORTH CAROLINA
21 VIRGINIA
22 INDIANA
22 MICHIGAN
24 ARKANSAS
24 TEXAS
26 ALABAMA
26 NEVADA
28 WEST VIRGINIA
29 ILLINOIS
30 ARIZONA
31 MAINE
32 DELAWARE
33 NEW HAMPSHIRE
34 OHIO
35 KENTUCKY
36 PENNSYLVANIA
37 LOUISIANA
38 TENNESSEE
38 MISSISSIPPI
40 SOUTH CAROLINA
40 MARYLAND
42 CONNECTICUT
43 FLORIDA
44 DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
45 MASSACHUSETTS
46 RHODE ISLAND
47 GEORGIA
48 CALIFORNIA
49 HAWAII
50 NEW JERSEY
51 NEW YORK

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/993/where-the-worst-drivers-live

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
43 for Florida and I'm really surprised that it wasn't higher up on the list. During the winter season here it has to be at the top of the list. I guess averaging the 2 seasons help put it lower on the list. :-\

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Looks like # 8 for my state...not surprised New York scored the worst lol
Alot of those people drive like maniacs...it's scary lol

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I saw that same article on Yahoo and was talking about it with my husband.  He is not the least bit surprised that we are #46...coincidentally, I'm 46 years young.

·
Registered
530 Posts
With Wisconsin in at 1, I have to believe they never really drove in WI :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Well...I learned to drive in California, so that would put me at 48, but I am living in Florida so that moves me up a couple notches to 43! 

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I lived in New York and Massacusetts and have traveled to more than half the states...Massachusetts drivers are by far the worst...hands down...no question about it.  Nice people but they turn into horrible people the minute they get behind the wheel.  Every day I would see rollovers...Haven't seen one rollover since I left 5 years ago. 
Now live in Arizona and it says we are # 30...I would agree with that.  People here think the driving is bad and I tell them it's not.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am in Vermont which is number 14. One thing I like about Vermont drivers is that most of them will stop to let a car put of a store and onto the road. There is a particular car park in Burlington where I have to cross two lines of traffic to get out and I am always SO impressed that people DO stop to let me out.

patrisha

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
We're third, but it's not like we really have a lot of traffic here.  Our town finally got it's first traffic light a few years ago.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Virginia is pretty much in the middle, but that's ok...  judging by the comments I hear, a lot of folks in this area probably only care about being higher up than the Marylanders!    ::)  ;D 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Minnesota - # 8

My theory: The fewer 8 lane highways you have the better the driving will be.  Winter driving also puts you higher on the list.  If black ice and snow drifts are a common occurrence, you are probably a good driver.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
CS said:
Best to Worst Drivers

(Idaho is the best, New York is the worst)
Maybe Idaho drivers are the best when driving in Idaho but I do dislike getting behind some of them when they drive in Washington. So many Idaho drivers think the speed limit is the maximum speed you're supposed to go.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
29 Illinois

·
Registered
148 Posts
22 for Michigan -- right in the middle, which is sort of what I'd figured.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts