Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I don't sell as many books as a lot of people on this site, but I usually get two or three a day--sometimes four or five--but this week has been awful. I haven't sold a book in five days. Anybody else having the problem? Maybe Kindle is having a reporting problem, I hope, I hope.

Larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com

·
Registered
876 Posts
Larry Buttram said:
I know I don't sell as many books as a lot of people on this site, but I usually get two or three a day--sometimes four or five--but this week has been awful. I haven't sold a book in five days. Anybody else having the problem? Maybe Kindle is having a reporting problem, I hope, I hope.

Larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com
Same here. This is my first month, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Larry Buttram said:

Larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com
I think I must have arrived at a bad time. Only sold one of my short stories since I've been here about two weeks. I hope things will take off soon. Better get cracking on a novel PDQ I suppose.

·
Registered
876 Posts
greenpen said:
I think I must have arrived at a bad time. Only sold one of my short stories since I've been here about two weeks. I hope things will take off soon. Better get cracking on a novel PDQ I suppose.
There's nothing more motivating than the Amazon.De BBoS! :D

*clacks away*

·
Registered
586 Posts
ilyria_moon said:
There's nothing more motivating than the Amazon.De BBoS! :D

*clacks away*
Don't you clack at me. Just been listening to Mellisa venema playing Il silenzio with Andre Rieu. Does that count? I know they're Dutch. Certainly gets the old juices flowing anyway. Creative jiuces, that is. Good looks and talent too. Not talking about Andre:) I might just try and write my Amazon De bio but my German is a bit rusty.Ich Kennen schreiben sie:) I think that's right?

·
Registered
876 Posts
greenpen said:
Don't you clack at me. Just been listening to Mellisa venema playing Il silenzio with Andre Rieu. Does that count? I know they're Dutch. Certainly gets the old juices flowing anyway. Creative jiuces, that is. Good looks and talent too. Not talking about Andre:) I might just try and write my Amazon De bio but my German is a bit rusty.Ich Kennen schreiben sie:) I think that's right?
Hehe, kinda. ;D

·
Registered
965 Posts
I used to go months without a download when I had things up for sale. Now that they're free, people download thousands per week, and some actually get read based on the occasional review. I know this isn't for everybody but it pleases me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
This has not been a good week - I'm just now restoring to sales levels from last month. Thank goodness those sunshine deal ads came down! I started the month looking for 20% growth, now it looks like I'll be lucky to match last month's sales!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one suffering a significant dip. Well, not glad that our sales are dipping, but glad that it may be a general market-wide trend for newly published indies rather than anything I might have done directly. I've been toying with dropping my collection to free in preparation for my next release at the end of June, perhaps I should wait until the sale ends and see if there's any effect there.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was about to email Amazon when I saw this. Serious lack in sales, not funny at all. Why does Amazon encourage Indies to the site, to then whip the carpet from under them all the time.. I am tiring of the fight, gone from over 100 a day around 3k a month, to 120 a week now nothing in 2 days.. Soul destroying! I was wondering if it was broken?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Abigail said:
I was about to email Amazon when I saw this. Serious lack in sales, not funny at all. Why does Amazon encourage Indies to the site, to then whip the carpet from under them all the time.
Probably because they can?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts