Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was able to wait until Sunday Morning, or rather was forced to wait until Sunday morning, to get my Kindle2 that had arrived on Thursday.

Wow!  Definitely worth the wait.  I have seen a few at the airport and had never really looked at them closely.  My first reaction - wow, this thing is so small/light, in a good way.  It really is thin, but the screen is plenty big.

My case won't be coming for another week or so, but at home I don't mind using it without a case, it really does have a nice feel.

The flicker when the 'page' turns irritated me at first, but I am getting used to it.  If this 'turn' is quicker than the K1, that is a good thing.

Have 6 books on it and am reading three simultaneously - even when I get tired of a book, or bored, I still want to use the Kindle, so  I switch books.

Best Father's Day ever, but that has less to do with the Kindle than the homemade wrapping paper on it and waking up to my daughter wishing me Happy Father's Day.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
wOw!!  K2 for Father's day...sort of makes the sandals and Polo shirt I got hubby look piddly....lol. ENJOY and I agree, you will not mind the flicker in a couple days.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Congrats on your K2.What a great gift to get :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Congratulations on your new Kindle, I think you'll be very happy with it. I picked one up for my father, because he's an avid reader, and fairly "techy", and he's thrilled.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congratulations on finally getting to play with it. When you finally get your Noreve cover, let's us know how you like it.

Laurie

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
gstreez said:
Best Father's Day ever, but that has less to do with the Kindle than the homemade wrapping paper on it and waking up to my daughter wishing me Happy Father's Day.
That's so sweet! Congratulations. Glad to hear you had such a great Father's Day!

·
Registered
291 Posts
So you didn't go with 'the dog attacked the packaging and I had to make sure the Kindle would still work' routine?

Glad to see you have more patience than most of us here. Enjoy your new baby!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts