Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the subject line says, I'd like to purchase a children's picture book story for these illustrations. Things didn't work out with the original writer (I was about halfway through the illustration process). I love the pictures and want to do something with them.

Please have a look at them and what I'm offering here..

http://www.ccrbookcoverdesign.com/2012/08/contest-childrens-story-needed-for.html

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I added a little extra info to what the winner would get out of it (besides the hundred bucks)...

"Adding one other thing: when I purchase print copies from CreateSpace, you can buy as many as you want at the price I pay them (they're great on their author prices). That way you can give them to family and friends, sell them at a profit if you like (local festivals are great for that, get a booth and have a book signing)."

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'm curious about something. Is this a work for hire or a contest? And if it is a contest, what happens to the entries that don't win? Can they be published by their respective authors?

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Very cute illustrations! What is the deadline for submission?

I might have to print out the drawings and show them to my 3-year-old. She loves making up stories for me to tell her (she comes up with the ideas, and then I come up with the words). Maybe we'll see if we can come up with something!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The illustrations are fabulous! This will be a great book when it's done. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amanda Brice said:
Very cute illustrations! What is the deadline for submission?

I might have to print out the drawings and show them to my 3-year-old. She loves making up stories for me to tell her (she comes up with the ideas, and then I come up with the words). Maybe we'll see if we can come up with something!
What a fun thing for you to do together. 3-year-old minds are amazing. Can't wait to see what y'all come up with (I've really been avoiding using y'all here but sometimes it's just necessary).

I'm hoping to have some good stories by the end of April. I'll keep it up that long and extend it if necessary. I received an email with some great questions and added that info to the page.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shayne said:
I'm curious about something. Is this a work for hire or a contest? And if it is a contest, what happens to the entries that don't win? Can they be published by their respective authors?
I won't use the other entries for anything. The author would just do what they wanted with them. Wasn't sure what to call it... contest, request for submissions, I don't know. This is a first for me. I just want to get the book out there and pay someone for their story.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts