Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have the classic books on your kindle or as actual books??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Kind of both - it's great to have the classics on a bookshelf so I can look at them and remember them - but also to have them on a Kindle means I can have them either with me or on my Kindle PC which is on my lap top wherever I am. And also, I'll often when I'm writting thing of something from one of my favs, and with Kindle with me I can find it.

Does this make me indecisive?

--- edited... no self-promotion outside the Book Bazaar forum. please read our Forum Decorum thread.

·
Registered
121 Posts
On my kindle because I love taking my whole library everywhere everywhere I go.  However, I always buy an actual book of my all time favorites! 

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
For the most part I want all my leisure reading books as e-books so I don't need bookshelves (or more than one small one) in my place since I live in a small condo.

The only thing I really prefer paper books for are my academic books for work as I need to flip through quickly and mark them up etc.--space isn't as much an issue here as I have plenty of bookshelves in my campus office.  Aside from that, I just have a few favorites I don't want to waste money rebuying as ebooks.  Only paper books for leisure reading I've bought since getting a Kindle is a hardcover illustrated set of Lord of the Rings.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It depends on the book. Some I'm okay with having on my Kindle. Others that I like to reread I have a few of the fancy hardbound editions to line up on my shelf.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I love the old, Penguin covers ...some of the foxed editions with yellowing papers and an aged feel, give reading the classics that extra dimesions...but for practicality, KINDLE wins!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts