Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would really delve into why they make choices like shopping in their underwear or bringing their pet opossum to the store. A lot of the proceeds will probably go to Walmart.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Paranormal Kitty said:
It would really delve into why they make choices like shopping in their underwear or bringing their pet opossum to the store. A lot of the proceeds will probably go to Walmart.
It appears that you mean the customers of Walmart. That would have as much appeal to me a novel about the graffiti on truck-stop restroom walls.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would read it. Don't listen to everybody else lol. Total page turner.

My second novel Profiles of Hope, is about a Psychologist who goes on Reddit, and invites a bunch of random/strange guys to his house.

So a novel about how ghetto/redneck Walmart is lol, isn't that much of a stretch.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I read a book about the weirdos of a small coastal town--I might read one about the weirdos of Walmart. It just depends on the execution.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
vagabond.voyager said:
It appears that you mean the customers of Walmart. That would have as much appeal to me a novel about the graffiti on truck-stop restroom walls.
She's referring to the People of Walmart website. It's a binge fest of comedy photos of the customers (shock, laughter and a lot of "Ew" moments thrown in the mix).

I was only pointed to it recently but even though i was horrified, I can see why it is so compelling, you almost can't stop clicking for next.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Evenstar said:
She's referring to the People of Walmart website. It's a binge fest of comedy photos of the customers (shock, laughter and a lot of "Ew" moments thrown in the mix).

I was only pointed to it recently but even though i was horrified, I can see why it is so compelling, you almost can't stop clicking for next.
Thank you. That puts it in a different context. One day when I'm feeling brave and have a very settled stomach I might venture there and see how long it takes me to cringe. :eek:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
For full disclosure, I'm actually one of those people. The nearest Macys, Nordstrom, Target, Kohls and the like are an 80-mile drive. This makes Walmart the only place in town to buy ten-pack t-shirts, shower curtains, and crappy toys for grandkid's birthdays (I don't shop online).

It means we get a better mix of shoppers in the local Walmart than might be the case in Tupelo, MS or Lubbock, TX. It does add to the pressure. I always make sure to have on clean pajamas and wear my partial denture whenever I go there.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Paranormal Kitty said:
To me, this would fall under the umbrella of "things I don't want to know."

·
Registered
380 Posts
vagabond.voyager said:
Thank you. That puts it in a different context. One day when I'm feeling brave and have a very settled stomach I might venture there and see how long it takes me to cringe. :eek:
If all you're looking for is a cringe, I'd say you'll get it in the first one to three pix.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts