Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kindle keyboard started acting funky.  Freezing on page turns.  :(    If I wait awhile it unfreezes and I can sometimes actually read for awhile.    Well with all the Christmas things going on and teaching my mom how to use her new paperwhite (Which she just loves) I was fine with it all.    However after working with my moms new Paperwhite I took all my amazon cards and christmas money and bought myself one.  (Shipping soon). 

I then thought wait a minute.  I paid for my KKeyboard.  I will talk to Amazon Kindle support.    After a brief chat with a very helpful support lady.  I now have a new Kindle Keyboard coming.  Shipped already.  YIKES.  I now have two brand new kindles coming.    It is even an upgraded kindle Keyboard.  Has 3g and wifi.    My old one only had Wifi. 

LOL  Offered it to my son.  He likes the older one he has.  Said we will just keep it in case his older one dies.

I am excited.  Hope they come quickly. 

·
Registered
691 Posts
I like hearing good customer service stories.

I've also been having issues with my KK... long start/refresh times, pages freezing, slow page turns...I haven't bothered to really look into it because I've been using my Fire so much.

Are you able to return the purchase you just made with the gift cards, or perhaps sell it? It sounds like it'll just be sitting unused.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I keep hearing about people with K3's getting 3G ones to replace their WiFi. This makes me think that they are out of the WiFi version and gettin rid of the 3G version.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have always had good experiences with Amazon's customer service. I even had a Kindle replaced once when it was just out of warranty. Quite recently, I received a Paperwhite for Christmas and I detected some pink and green discoloration on the screen. They sent me a replacement with two day shipping right away. I was very pleased with the experience.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ireadbooks said:
I like hearing good customer service stories.

I've also been having issues with my KK... long start/refresh times, pages freezing, slow page turns...I haven't bothered to really look into it because I've been using my Fire so much.

Are you able to return the purchase you just made with the gift cards, or perhaps sell it? It sounds like it'll just be sitting unused.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
We will keep it for an extra or I am going to talk to my mom and just might gift it to my Aunt. Time will tell.

We now own 6 kindles. LOL

·
Registered
904 Posts
Kindle's support in general has been fantastic for me.  Amazon's has had it's ups and downs, but I'd have to say that their customer support has been great overall.

I know they say, "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time," but Amazon (to me) has come pretty close to the last part of that quote.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
While there have a few members here who have had disappointing experiences with Amazon's CS (no one's perfect), the vast majority of reports have been extremely positive.  My experience certainly was.

Betsy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts