Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I looked at a book that was suggested in an Amazon email and it is $15.37 on Kindle[/size]! The book was 'Wicked Prey' by John Sandford.

Silly me, I really thought books would get cheaper and the 9.99 wasn't too bad for a book I really wanted but 15.37? I think not.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
put it in your want to read folder on your toolbar or favorites and check it from time to time - I find that lots of books go down in price .....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
It'll drop once the paperback version comes out and currently it's $3.08 cheaper than the hardback.

I'm looking at a similar thing with the new Dresden book that comes out tomorrow. Hardback $16.52, kindle $14.27.  I'm probably going to buy both so I don't have to wait for my sons to finish reading the DTB before I get it.

But the solution is really pretty simple, if the book is priced too high for you, don't buy it or wait till the price suits you. 

You can't really expect the publishers to lose revenue by selling a significantly discounted book right when the hardback is released.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Better yet, just use shoppingnotes.com
rho said:
put it in your want to read folder on your toolbar or favorites and check it from time to time - I find that lots of books go down in price .....
Better yet, just use shoppingnotes.com :)

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
It'll also likely drop to $9.99 a week or two after it actually is released, which isn't until May in any form.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
CS said:
Better yet, just use shoppingnotes.com

Better yet, just use shoppingnotes.com :)
lol I actually use that and forgot to mention it -- but I still check prices about once a week even with it - ::)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All reasonable thoughts and good suggestions.  Thanks for making me expand in my thinking ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've noticed that some of the smaller presses have higher prices.  I've looked for two books recently, published by smaller pressed, and both were over $10., but neither were in my B&N in paperback either. 

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thanks for the tip about shoppingnotes.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.