Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As all know I ordered the Kindle on The 1st day of Feb. Well last night though I would try out the order on a free book to see if they had activated my account . So I picked out the " FREE"  " The Whiskey Rebels"  Well it went right on through . They Right on the Ball .
Just can't wait .

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Ribbit50 said:
As all know I ordered the Kindle on The 1st day of Feb. Well last night though I would try out the order on a free book to see if they had activated my account . So I picked out the " FREE" " The Whiskey Rebels" Well it went right on through . They Right on the Ball .
Just can't wait .
And it is only going to get better... you will be so excited the first time you use WN, the dictionary, turn a page, read on it. You are gonna love it like all us Kindleholics here. ;D

·
Registered
54 Posts
As soon as you place an order for a Kindle at Amazon or through an Amazon marketplace seller you'll get a Kindle account even though you don't have or have activated a Kindle.  Go to the Kindle book section and in my case it said Dallas's Kindle.  Then I saw an order for a relatively cheap new Kindle through an amazon marketplace merchant so I purchased that one and cancelled my original purchase through amazon and I saw on my Amazon account Dalla's Kindle and Dallas's second Kindle.  I downloaded books for both of them.  Only problem was the second Kindle I purchased turned out to be a sham transaction so I repurchased through Amazon and guess what, when I went to download another book it said Dallas's Kindle, Dallas's Second Kindle, and Dallas's third Kindle.  Well the story only gets worse because I found a relatively good deal on Ebay  and purchased that Kindle on the spot.  When the Kindle came I again cancelled my most recent Amazon purchase and registered my new Kindle with Amazon, so when I went to the Kindle Bookstore, I saw Dallas's Kindle, 1, 2, 3, & 4 and I had downloaded books four all four kindles.  I thought I might have a problem until I went to the manage my kindle account and saw that I could send any of the books that I had ordered for the phantom Kindles that never happened to Dallas's 4th Kindle.  So I guess in my case 4 times was the charm.

Sorry for the long winded story but bottom line is start ordering today especially the free ones.  The freebie offers on some books may end before you get your Kindle so feel free to order your books now.  You'll definitely be able to transfer them to your new Kindle when you register it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hmmm I had ordered one, cancelled it, changed my mind, and ordered a second.  I saw I had two Kindles registered, so I deregistered the second one.  Should I have kept the 2nd one and deregistered the 1st???  Or does it matter since there is no serial number associated with my account yet?

·
Registered
731 Posts
egh34 said:
I am in soooooooo much trouble!!! Thanks to all who have helped me in this obsession!! I have downloaded 2 books (Oh my gosh!! And HURRAY!!!) I shold get my Kindle in a month. How many books can I have in queue before I get my Kindle? I wonder if there is a record?? I bet I can beat it!! LOL...back to Amazon!!!
Just be careful about downloading all those free public domain books from Amazon. They will be on your Kindles' Content Manager forever (unless you get customer service to delete them). You're better off sampling them and then deciding which you'd like to acquire.

Scott

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yes, I ordered my Kindle yesterday, download three of the Free February books, bought the One Year Bible and the Amazon Kindle FAQ by Leslie. I also select a few okay 6 to sample. By the time Ladybug gets here and I turn her on I will have more than enough to keep me occupied for a few days.......

·
Registered
869 Posts
ladyknight33 said:
Yes, I ordered my Kindle yesterday, download three of the Free February books, bought the One Year Bible and the Amazon Kindle FAQ by Leslie. I also select a few okay 6 to sample. By the time Ladybug gets here and I turn her on I will have more than enough to keep me occupied for a few days.......
I love your name for your Kindle. "Ladybug" Cool. Wonder if there is a good skin for her?

Marci

·
Registered
856 Posts
Marci said:
I love your name for your Kindle. "Ladybug" Cool. Wonder if there is a good skin for her?

Marci
Marci,

I have been to Decal Girl no ladybug skins but there are now five :-\ :-\ that I REALLY like.....I will probably get one or two just to get a feel and then depending on the cover I get it will decide if I get a third skin ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts