Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished doing a comparison between K1 and K2. I know this has been brought up in the past, but, oh, my god...the text in K1 is so much darker. Although I emphatically hate to say this, I find it easier to read on the K1.

No, seriously, Amazon is going to have to fix this. I forgot how much darker the text was on the K1.

Now, the question is: can Amazon fix that?

I even found an article on this:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10191483-1.html

·
Registered
615 Posts
That was a very interesting review.  Not your usual, for sure.  Thanks for letting us know.

Re the very dark K1 - this is true of the Home page listing, which uses bold medium black
on the K1 but a very fine-point unbolded font on the K2.  That's a startling difference,
and some will prefer the K2 because there's no 'spread'...

On a couple of my books with only basic fonts, when they use the same one, they
look very similar.  The K2 is a hair lighter, but enough I wish they'd fix it.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
artsandhistoryfan said:
That was a very interesting review. Not your usual, for sure. Thanks for letting us know.

Re the very dark K1 - this is true of the Home page listing, which uses bold medium black
on the K1 but a very fine-point unbolded font on the K2. That's a startling difference,
and some will prefer the K2 because there's no 'spread'...

On a couple of my books with only basic fonts, when they use the same one, they
look very similar. The K2 is a hair lighter, but enough I wish they'd fix it.
That's been my observation, also. On both points.

Mike

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wish they would give us contrast or text options. Bold text looks great on my K2. Even if it reduced the battery life a lot, I would gladly take the option to make reading more comfortable to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts