Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'd never know the economy sucks by the posts on this board..people buying 3 or 4 Borsa Bellas, or their 5th or 6th cover...LOL! It's amazing. Maybe this board can single handedly solve the whole crisis just by buying tons of Kindle accessories!  ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
We're working on it, one Oberon cover at a time.

Have I mentioned our 12-step program?

Step one:  Buy a Kindle
Step two:  Join Kindleboards
Step three:  Buy a skin.
Step four:  Buy a second skin
Step five:  Buy an Oberon cover (or M edge or....)
Step six:  Buy a light (MightyBrite, Lightwedge...)
Step seven:  Buy the perfect bag, tote, briefcase, knapsack
Step eight:  Buy a second Oberon cover
Step nine:  Buy a case to put the cover in
Step ten:  Buy a second Kindle
Step eleven:  Buy another perfect bag, tote, briefcase, knapsack
Step twelve:  Give up counting your Kindle accessories

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
Hmmmm, Betsy, I joined Kindleboards BEFORE I got my Kindle.....
Me too! And I'll be working on step 3 tonight... :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pomlover2586 said:
LOL Buying and being able to comfortably AFFORD something are two different matters............... ;)
LOL very true! I'm amazed and envious of those who can afford to buy 3 BorsaBellas at a time or 4 different Oberons plus an M-Edge or two. I'm afraid my budget allowed for one of each only, but I'm very happy with them! :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Shame on you, KindleKay! Now you're going to have to go back to step 1 and do them all over again! LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, it is very nice to be able to afford to buy these things. Trust me, if I couldn't comfortably afford to purchase these things I wouldn't.  I also sell a few things here and there on ebay to offset the charges....

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'll probably get bashed for saying this... but it does worry me when people say things like they have to wait til their paycheck arrives in order to buy their 2nd Oberon cover. I tend to think that if your bank account is so low you can't buy something til your paycheck arrives.. then maybe you shouldn't be buying a second Oberon.

Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings by saying this - I'm just trying to understand different people's financial philosophies.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
DD said:
Shame on you, KindleKay! Now you're going to have to go back to step 1 and do them all over again! LOL
LOL!

You can vary the order and still complete the program. Some people have been known to do steps 2-6 before step 1.

;D

Betsy

·
Registered
131 Posts
financial reality has me hoarding change for that CoinStar trip

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
vermontcathy said:
I'll probably get bashed for saying this... but it does worry me when people say things like they have to wait til their paycheck arrives in order to buy their 2nd Oberon cover. I tend to think that if your bank account is so low you can't buy something til your paycheck arrives.. then maybe you shouldn't be buying a second Oberon.

Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings by saying this - I'm just trying to understand different people's financial philosophies.
A good friend gave me a version of this lecture years ago, though it didn't hit home really until I got rid of my now ex-husband & was managing finances on my own. I'm still more than capable of overspending, but I keep a much better eye on it. And if you're waiting for your next paycheck, at least you're not going into debt to have something RIGHT NOW! :D

All of that's part of why, as much as I'd like another Oberon, I'm not ready to make that move. I tend to look at any luxury purchase as "how many hours will have have to work to pay for it" versus "how many hours of enjoyment will I get from it?". If those don't at least balance out, that purchase doesn't get made. I could justify the first Oberon as at least a partial necessity (acknowledging there are cheaper options which work as well). A second one is purely for fun, and I'm not ready to make that move even though I **can** afford it just fine without impacting anything else in my world. Same thing on more BB bags--each that I bought serves a specific purpose. I want them in other fabrics, but at this point, that's a want, not a need.

To be fair as well, everyone's financial situation is different--family, housing, debt, hobbies, etc. When you have no kids, no debt, and no other hobbies you're spending on right now, it's pretty easy to spend more without guilt on Kindleizing.

Betsy the Quilter said:
We're working on it, one Oberon cover at a time.

Have I mentioned our 12-step program?

Step one: Buy a Kindle
Step two: Join Kindleboards
Step three: Buy a skin.
Step four: Buy a second skin
Step five: Buy an Oberon cover (or M edge or....)
Step six: Buy a light (MightyBrite, Lightwedge...)
Step seven: Buy the perfect bag, tote, briefcase, knapsack
Step eight: Buy a second Oberon cover
Step nine: Buy a case to put the cover in
Step ten: Buy a second Kindle
Step eleven: Buy another perfect bag, tote, briefcase, knapsack
Step twelve: Give up counting your Kindle accessories

Betsy
Betsy, I'm devastated. I can't complete the program because of step 10. My husband isn't quite committed to a Kindle for him! LOL

·
Registered
552 Posts
vermontcathy said:
I don't think you've hurt anyone's feelings. It's just plain common sense but common sense does not always prevail in our lives ;)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Right or wrong, I start with the assumption that we're all adults and are making valid choices for our own circumstances.  And that my egging people on to buy more accessories will NOT cause anyone to declare bankruptcy or get a divorce.  Not even me.  ;)

Betsy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Right or wrong, I start with the assumption that we're all adults and are making valid choices for our own circumstances. And that my egging people on to buy more accessories will NOT cause anyone to declare bankruptcy or get a divorce. Not even me. ;)

Betsy
Don't those purple ROH covers look great, Betsy? ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I consider all of the 'enabling' to be in good fun.  No serpents with apples here; just enthusiasts sharing a trivial passion.

(Oh, I posted my 100th!)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.