Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm late to this party as I was somewhat overwhelmed by the brain squishing that resulted from launching a book and getting involved with the various venues where readers and authors talk. Here's a quick intro to little old me.

I'm an ex-scientist, who got involved in the magazine world for a number of years. There I wrote columns and feature articles for several magazines and was the editor-in-chief of two newstand magazines. During that time I learned and practiced fiction-writing skills, though I published none of it. I've just launched Her Book of Shadows, a light-hearted, traditional mystery novel that is being well-received.

I've been an eBook reader for over a decade, using a Dell PDA as my reader until Kindle came along. I still have an entire room over-run with pieces of tree but at least now the TBR pile resides in Calibre, not on the library floor.

Cheers --- Larry

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hello, Larry, from a fellow Canuck.  Welcome to KB.  I'm glad to have you with us, and wish you every success with your book.

Dan --

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the KB and the best of luck with all your projects.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hi Larry,
Will be happy to check out your book. With your experience I'm sure it's a good read! Any marketing advice for fellow authors?
Mike Cyra

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, all, for the warm welcome.

medicalhumor said:
Any marketing advice for fellow authors?
Hmm...marketing advice....hmmm.. There's only one thing I'm certain enough about to suggest. Don't let Larry Marshall be your marketing advisor. I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that I'm the world's worst marketeer, at least of my own book(s) :)

Cheers --- Larry

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Hi,

I am very good friends with someone in Quebec City, though we have never met.

I wish you all the best.
Richard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts