Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled onto these boards not long after receiving my first Kindle.  Since I'm a writer, I tend to hang out in the Writer's Cafe, though I only stepped away from the safety of the wall this month!

I've written several novels and had some close calls with representation and publication.  I'm now planning on releasing a few titles on the Kindle, and these boards have been incredibly helpful in guiding me through that process.  I've not finished preparing the manuscripts yet, which is why I don't have any book covers to show.

In the meantime, I've combined my two passions of writing and psychology into a new blog that I've just launched.  If you're interested in it, check it out in my signature.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi Jim and welcome. A psychologist, huh? I love to dig down into what makes people tick in my writing. I always wonder if psychologists look at what's written and analyze the psyches of the authors, though! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone!

John, the ones I would watch out for are English majors!  They're the ones that always spoke in class about what (insert character / situation here) meant about the author of the piece.  In psychology, we left the authors alone; our hands were full with our clients!

Jack, I have to agree with you about how generous this group is.  The forum thread you started about what everyone wishes they knew when they first started was great to read.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome and the best of luck with your projects...

Get off the wall and explore....you will find the folks here friendly.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Hi Jim!  Great to meet you.  I'm an anthropologist, so just a hop and a skip away as disciplines go :)  Welcome to the Kindle boards and good luck with your books!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Welcome,
Very interested in your blog. I'll check it out right now.

Would love someone to analyze what I write about.

See you on your blog.

Mike Cyra

1 - 17 of 17 Posts