Kindle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm very interested. My writing partner and I write crypto fiction (CRYPTO SHRUGGED and CRYPTO CITIZENS as well as short stories) and the appropriateness is mind boggling. If you send me more info about a potential timeline and the commitment you'd want, we can talk turkey. He has our books related to crypto on his site.
www.nomadicgiant.com
Hi. Thanks. I'll be responding in greater detail to you shortly - I've got to go to a meeting for the whole day right now. Will be back at this after that however.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
ETH and BTC are two crypto currencies. (Ethere and Bitcoin). NFT is non-fungible token and means it is distributed by a blockchain. The decentralized power of blockchain technology verifies the authenticity of a digital asset, say digital art or an ebook.
Nope. Still don't know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm very interested. My writing partner and I write crypto fiction (CRYPTO SHRUGGED and CRYPTO CITIZENS as well as short stories) and the appropriateness is mind boggling. If you send me more info about a potential timeline and the commitment you'd want, we can talk turkey. He has our books related to crypto on his site.
www.nomadicgiant.com
Hi. I'm going to try and address some 'expanded details' with you first, and then 'copy' the same response to a few others. I cannot say I am personally 'inexperienced' in any facet of the commercial world, although I am not particularly well-known anywhere. I have been a total market-leader in one location, in my own right, a few decades ago, though with only a very little national public profile. In terms of this particular venture, I am working with others (not alone), all in the education system (teachers, tertiary lecturers), and underlying what we are doing in NFT's/eBooks, is an initiative linked to a Campus City somewhere in the world (not Singapore; just saying so because that is where the market leaders in NFT purchasing are located), in which there are current endeavors to increase the digital systems, digital communication infrastructures, and whole-of-community awareness about the digital world and advanced technology in that community. For instance, it is the case that provision is being made to have satellite-navigation and computer-controlled vehicles that will see disabled people attending tertiary courses at the University Campus to use their own 'self-drive' vehicles, adopt 'geocached supplies,' and even undertake employment as protected natural environment rangers. In one of the 'shire council areas' concerned, there are forty thousand households in which there is at least one disabled person.

I mention these matters to point just very briefly to a captive audience that we have.

There is no tie to any particular 'style' or 'agenda' as such though, and the writing and marketing has a widest possible brief.

Without a captive audience, and the flow of funds entailed that is a necessary function of that aspect, we do not see NFT's particularly as being a significantly guaranteed commercial prospect all by themselves, regardless of current market hype.

That having been said, yet it is still also quite apparent that a large number of participants will always be inclined to 'test' possibilities by implementing on their own what they have assumed or presumed is a 'mechanism' or are mechanisms obtaining to any exposed effort, and this is a negative feature of what we are exposing here, because the risk is always that others will also do something in parallel that they 'see' is possible from what they have gleaned, but in doing so damage a market. But that is just a standard risk of any business.

We have our views of what the viability of something is, and others will have theirs. We are most unlikely to alter what we think on account of the stridency with which someone yells what they believe. And I am personally definitely not going to change what I think about how things work, or what is possible and feasible.

And so it is not a thing we would like to canvas or wish to discuss in public, how much in dollars anything is likely to be worth.

That it is 'worthwhile,' is, however, a given.

I am available at the following email address to explore further in more explicit detail: [email protected]

·
Registered
438 Posts
Words that come to mind:

Sketchy Rabbithole

Seems to me someone benefits but not the author.

I'll dislose my bias upfront...blockchains and bitcoins are the preferred vehicle for dark money right now....my opinion but, I don't trust what can't be explained easily.

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
314 Posts
Words that come to mind:

Sketchy Rabbithole

I'll dislose my bias upfront...blockchains and bitcoins are the preferred vehicle for dark money right now....my opinion but, I don't trust what can't be explained easily.
You don't understand it, as you said, but you are happy to characterize it? Shame. If you don't trust what can't be explained easily, then publishing must be a nightmare for you!
And dark money tends to be early adopters of any new technology. They love SWIFT transfers too. And all the things government created for them to hide in. Don't be frightened of tech just because it uses far too many acronyms for its own good!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I spent 25+ years in finance and can't spot snake oil a mile away.

Writers pay cash to join.
Writers supply the content
How are writers compensated::well let me explain...you get these "magic beans"

·
Registered
75 Posts
You don't understand it, as you said, but you are happy to characterize it? Shame. If you don't trust what can't be explained easily, then publishing must be a nightmare for you!
And dark money tends to be early adopters of any new technology. They love SWIFT transfers too. And all the things government created for them to hide in. Don't be frightened of tech just because it uses far too many acronyms for its own good!
What bothers me is the lack of clarity.

I was waiting for the OP to post, expecting more details... Instead, I just see more obscure language.

If we need to jump through loopholes to even understand the basics, then I'm not sure if this is going to be worth the trouble.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I understand and agree. It is off-putting when someone suggests something, especially something complex, and then says we shouldn't talk about it here. I'm not clear on it either. All he's presented is a general concept and I'm still willing to hear more. So far it's just: "Hey kids, let's put on a show."

Basically, for anything new, I'd want to hear:
What is required from me
What the program does
What I can gain from it
And what liability I might have.
In that regard,
markpauloleksiw
isn't wrong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Words that come to mind:

Sketchy Rabbithole

Actually, Bitcoin is VERY traceable. People used to think it wasn't but they didn't realise the technology behind it. The ledger of who owns bitcoin, where it goes etc, is open, cannot be altered, and verified on the blockchain. This is why if you try to sell a bitcoin on coinbase that had a history of going through VERY nefarious hands, it won't be allowed. Also, this is why so many who used bitcoin for illicit purchases have been arrested.

Most blockchains/cryptos are far more transparent than what banks or central banks are. However, there are some who are bad actors. There are also privacy coins like Monero. This is a crypto that is untraceable and completely private.

·
Registered
438 Posts
SO who is the "overlord": of BITCOIN...don't tell me it is some AI app. There is really money behind it...there has to be...or else it is all an illusion.

·
Registered
314 Posts
SO who is the "overlord": of BITCOIN...don't tell me it is some AI app. There is really money behind it...there has to be...or else it is all an illusion.
Money? You mean that stuff that is firmly based in trust and belief in the government?

·
Registered
20 Posts
To be frank, bitcoin wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for the blunders of the Fed and the government. It isn't by chance that when the dollar devalues that bitcoin goes up. Unfortunately, it seems like history repeating itself. In 1920s, when it was clear that the government was letting inflation get out of hand and stocks/shares were going silly, gold shot up (bitcoin being the digital version of gold). Before hyperinflation for The Weimer Republic, gold shot up as well. Bitcoin, isn't a hugely complex idea. It's built on an idea that started to become mainstream with Napster (decentralised networks made for a mainstream purpose), a basic mistrust that centralised authorities cannot manage the money supply (something which the past 13 years have shown to be very true), and maths. I don't think anyone thought it would get this big, people weren't sure of the flaws, but then some very stubborn nerds kept it going until more and more people saw it as an alternative to the trash that the Fed/central banks print. Now, it appears that it is the digital version of gold.

Like many innovations, there isn't some huge conspiracy or centralised impetus that developed it, it has come through by common chance. The only centralised part is the repeated failures of the central government and the Fed. They've set the world up for another great depression or hyperinflation, and this is why people are investing in it. I'd say, if the government bit the bullet, accepted deflation, raised interest rates, put value back into the dollar, tax the super-rich, restructure the economy to be less of a giant ponzi scheme, then they'd save the dollar and bitcoin would have far less value. But that won't happen.

That's bitcoin, the other cryptocurrencies, that's a WHOLE new ball game, where NFTS, decentralised file storage, decentralised video buffering, and decentralised finance come into play. Other networks derive far more of technological development. Also, for some, there is the goal of a decentralised internet through such tech. This is the type of tech that could affect self-publishers, in a good way.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts